This is not the first time we have posted a magic wand craft, in the past we have made Sparkly magic wands, playdate glitter wands and even a gold ribbon dancing wand for Childrens’ Cancer Awareness. I don’t really think there is such thing as too much magical pretend play though, and this idea is so simple and quick to make that I thought it needed to be shared. If you have washi tape in your craft cupboard you can put one of these together in about 10 minutes max. They are SO quick and easy to make, and although I made these wands myself while the girls were at school I’m pretty sure that they would be able to make them too – they are easy peasy!
To make a wand You Will Need
* Note – an affiliate link has been included above for your convenience. The product linked to is similar to what I have used but the patterns vary.
First you need to print out a copy of the template, and then select a shape that you’d like to use for your wand. Cut your selected shape out around the dotted straight line, then flip it over and create a pattern on the reverse with washi tape.
Once you have made your pattern, turn the shape back over and cut around the black line of the shape.
Cover your dowel rod in a matching tape, and then use duct tape to stick the dowel rod to the back of your patterned shape.
Decorate with ribbon and you are done!
So simple, easy and pretty!
More Pretend Play Ideas
– Make a pretty paper tiara
– Create rock cakes using real rocks and nail polish
– Make a black cat costume from egg carton
– Make some cute tiaras from foil
– Make super hero masks using our printable template
– Make some real-looking(ish) pasta and meatballs for the toy kitchen
AND you can find loads more super fun ideas on our craft and play board on Pinterest