Here is a last minute, quick and easy handmade gift idea – Angel sparkle dust.
It’s just like bottling up magic!
Angel sparkle dust is something little that the kids can make to hand out to their friends along with their Christmas cards. It would also be a cute novelty to put inside your handmade Christmas crackers (we still haven’t started this year’s yet!). You could even use the sparkle dust on a pendant as a necklace.
You can buy the miniature potion bottles I’ve used from any discount store for about $2.50 for 6, and then you just need a large bottle of glitter to fill them up (one with a nozzle works best if you can find one).
They are super simple to put together. As with all glitter crafts I recommend this be done outside because, let’s face it: glitter + kids = great big mess!
You’ve been warned.
How to make bottled Angel Sparkle Dust
You will need:
• Mini glass bottles with cork stoppers
• Hole punch
• These printable angel sparkle dust labels (or you could make your own)
Gather your supplies and set up outdoors if weather permits.
Place a sheet of paper underneath your miniature bottles to catch any spilled glitter. Fill the mini bottles with sparkly glitter.
We found a container of glitter with a nozzle like a paint bottle which was perfect for pouring the glitter into the small bottles. If you don’t have one of these you could tip your glitter into a sauce bottle with a nozzle (you can buy empty ones or use a recycled one). Failing that you could make a funnel out of paper to use instead. Just roll the paper into a cone shape, sticky tape together and snip off the end.
Place the stopper securely on the bottle. Print out the label template and cut out however many you need.
Fold each label in half, glue together and punch a hole in it before tying it on to decorate.
Told you it was easy!
The kids can use their bottle of sparkle dust just like regular glitter for art and craft, or they might choose to use it in imaginary play games (outside of course!).
More easy Christmas gift ideas
• These design an ornament gift bags are another great alternative to candy canes
• Kids will love making these printable Santa and Reindeer baskets
• Use a super fun process art technique to make these cute Christmas gift tags
• Do you know anybody who would like a peaches and cream bath bomb as a gift?
• Home made gingerbread houses make great gifts too!
• These DIY fortune cookies are fun to make and hand out for New Year (not at all related to actual fortune cookies!)
• Here 50+ more easy handmade gifts – you’re sure to find something that suits your loved one here
Leave a Reply