Get ready for Halloween with this collection of cute ghost crafts for kids. There’s something for all age groups to enjoy, from toddlers and preschoolers to tweens and even the big kids among us (like me!).
You might also like our printable Halloween paper craft collection
What would Halloween be without ghosts? They’re great for last-minute costumes, are a simple way to theme treats and snacks and, of course, make ideal crafting inspiration.
We’ve made LOTS of non-spooky ghosts in the past, including DOY toys, upcycling projects, treats, and decorating ideas.
Today I’m sharing a selection of favourite ghost crafts from our archives plus loads more cool ideas from our blogger friends around the world.
Mostly, these are fun, non-scary ghosts, but you can make them silly or spooky if you like. It’s all in the facial expression, am I right?
20+ Cute Halloween ghost crafts for kids
Ghost treat craft ideas
These ideas are perfect if you’re planning a kids’ Halloween party or to have on hand for trick or treaters at your front door.
- These tissue paper ghost treats (and pumpkin treats) are filled with marshmallows. So fun and yummy!
- Make coffee filter ghost lollipops to hand out to all your friends. By Happiness is Homemade
- I love these sweet-filled mini ghost pinatas, by Red Ted Art
- Upcycle paper rolls into some DIY non-food ghost treats by Non Toy Gifts
Ghost DIY Toy crafts
You guys know how much I love DIY toy crafts. They add to the Halloween fun with both an activity to keep kids busy and a DIY toy for play.
- Get the free printable pattern to make hand-sewn ghost puppets from felt here
- These cute yarn ghosts are made using the same technique as traditional yarn dolls
- Kids will LOVE these fun and easy ghost pom pom poppers
- This ghost in a pumpkin is super cute! By Easy Peasy and Fun
Easy ghost decorations
It’s easy to decorate for Halloween with these simple DIY’s kids can make.
- How fun and easy does this toilet paper roll ghost craft look? By Little Bins for Little Hands
- Ghost salt dough ornaments are soooo easy to make. Hang them in a spiderweb-covered Halloween tree (i.e. a branch from the garden)
- Make some eco-friendly gumnut ghosts like these ones from Mother Natured
- Here’s a super simple paper plate ghost preschoolers will love to make, by Toddler Approved
More easy ghost decorations
- I love how simple and effective this coat hanger hanging ghost is, by Small + Friendly
- Here’s another take on paper roll ghosts. Free ghost shape template available.
- Upcycle a plastic bottle into a ghost planter. We made a whole Halloween-themed herb garden with a black cat, Frankenstein and pumpkin too
- Make a spooky balloon hanging ghost like this one by Kids Craft Room
- Love these flying paper cup ghosts, by Kids Craft Room
Ghost art and paper craft ideas
Get out the paint, paper, glue and paint with these easy ghost art and paper craft ideas.
- Make some cute little ghost footprints as Halloween wall art. They’d make a great keepsake too, by Crafty Morning
- This ghost resist painting is so simple and effective, by Crafts on Sea
- Make a fun cotton ball ghost like this one by Natural Beach Living
- Here’s a simple ghost painting idea, by Crafts On Sea
- Salt Crystal ghosts are a fun science project kids can make, by Go Science Kids
- Print and make some paper ghost finger puppets (colour your own version available)
These ideas are all so much fun! Which one are you going to make first?
More Halloween crafts kids will love
- Check out our printable Halloween paper craft collection
- Here are over 20 Monster crafts kids will love
- Get ready for trick or treating with these Trick or Treat crafts and printables
Leave a Reply