How to make Lion-themed play dough
To make the dough you will need
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 Tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Food colouring – orange, yellow and black
How to make the dough
- Add the flour, salt and cream of tartar to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the water and vegetable oil to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the flour and salt mixture to the hot water and stir constantly until a stiff ball of dough forms. Remove dough ball from saucepan and allow to cool on your workspace for 5 minutes.
- Pull apart a piece of dough about the size of a golf ball and set aside. Divide the remaining dough in half.
- Add yellow and orange food colouring to the 2 large dough pieces. Add black food colouring to the smaller dough piece. Knead each piece of dough until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Store in an airtight zip lock bag until ready to use.
How to set up a lion-themed invitation to create
- Orange, yellow and black DIY playdough
- Googly eyes
- Orange and yellow feathers
- Black pipe cleaner
- Optional – small heart cookie cutter or plastic knife to make heart shape nose
- Small rolling pin (optional – you could also just use your hands)
How to create the play dough lion
More play dough ideas for kids:
- Make some cinnamon-scented “cookie” play dough
- This Christmas pudding play dough smells divine!
- Use fresh blueberries to make some blueberry play dough