Impress Mum this year with one of 25+ Mothers Day DIY gift ideas and handmade cards!
Nothing says “I love you” more than a hand made (and especially a kid-made) card or gift.
When I get asked what I’d like for Mothers Day I’m usually stumped for ideas. There’s nothing I want and I have more than I need, but I sure do love getting handmade cards and gifts from the girls.
If the spelling is wrong and the poem doesn’t quite rhyme I love it all the more. If the paint is messy, the card is glued together all wonky and the bracelet falls apart five minutes after I put it on I still think it’s beautiful.
We all know it’s the thought, effort and love that go into handmade things that warm our hearts the most and make them special.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to get making for your Mum, Mom, Ma, Nana, Gran, or whatever you call the mothers in your life.
We have a few ideas to get you started…
25+ Mothers Day DIY card and gift ideas
- Make a “bunch of roses” stamped card using a rolled up sponge. This rose stamp would also make lovely DIY gift wrap!
- Mum is going to love this koala mother and baby card. Lift up the koala’s head to write your message
- Brighten Mom’s day with a simple flower on a straw stem card
- This Mothers Day pop up book has the space to put into words all the things you never get around to saying – it’ bound to make Ma smile!
- We made these easy washcloth bunnies for Easter with an egg on their back, but they’d also be great for Mothers Day with a small soap or chocolate instead
- These marbled heart cards were designed with Valentines Day in mind, but I’m sure Nanna would love one for Mothers Day too!
- Spread the love on Mothers Day with some cute paper heart people
Kids can design their own cards using one of our 6 free printable card shape templates
- Make handmade pendants from polymer clay and hama beads – they make gorgeous jewellery gifts!
- Finger knit a friendship necklace , this craft was designed by my daughter
- Gift Mom a potplant in a hand-painted galaxy pot
- Mommy is going to love this adorable kid-made necklace (made from glue by a 5 year old!)
- Sew a sweetheart bookmark from felt – this goes great with a book gift!
- Make a paper daffodil using our free printable template. You could stick it on the front of a card for Granny
- Make a mixed media flower rock for Nan, it can be used as a paper weight or a cute handmade decoration
- Make Ma some peaches and cream bath bombs to help her relax
- These hand sewn heart pillows have been upcycled from melted crayon fabric art
- Teach kids how to make strawberry heart soap, it makes a sweet gift
- Use scrunch-dyed paper towel to make a bunch of beautiful paper towel roses
- Make Grandma a pet rock to treasure with fluffy yarn hair
- Upcycle an egg carton into a bunch of colourful egg carton flowers, we show you how to make five different kinds
- This handmade cupcake liner gift bag is the perfect way to package your handmade gift!
- Upcycle kid’s art into giftwrap, cards, bookmarks and more – so easy and every piece is unique!
- This sponge butterfly magnet will brighten up Nan’s fridge and make her smile every time she goes to get the milk out
- Use this butterfly sponge printing technique to make handmade gift wrap and cards
- My Mum loved this Australian animal succulent garden we made her for Mothers Day last year (unfortunately the dog made short work of the plastic animals!)
- Kids can paint and decorate strips of cereal boxes to create giant bookmarks as handmade gifts
- If you have a herb and veggie garden put together a “home grown” gift basket – Gran is going to love it!
- These easy woven butterflies make beautiful handmade gifts. You could hot glue a strong magnet on the back to turn them into fridge magnets
I hope you’ve found something to inspire you here! Check out our handmade gifts board on Pinterest for even more ideas