Impress Mum this year with one of 40+ Mothers Day DIY gift ideas and handmade cards!
Nothing says “I love you” more than a handmade (and especially a kid-made) card or gift. Here are some ideas from bloggers around the world as well as our own archives to get you started.
You might also like our Spring Craft bucket list
When I get asked what I’d like for Mothers Day I’m usually stumped for ideas. There’s nothing I want and I have more than I need, but I sure do love getting handmade cards and gifts from the girls!
If the spelling is wrong and the poem doesn’t quite rhyme I love it all the more. If the paint is messy, the card is glued together all wonky and the bracelet falls apart five minutes after I put it on I still think it’s beautiful.
We all know it’s the thought, effort, and love that go into handmade things that warm our hearts the most and make them special.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to get making for your Mum, Mom, Ma, Nana, Gran, or whatever you call the mothers in your life.
40+ Mothers Day DIY card and gift ideas
- Make a “bunch of roses” stamped card using a rolled up sponge. This rose stamp would also make lovely DIY gift wrap!
- Mum is going to love this koala mother and baby card. Lift up the koala’s head to write your message
- Brighten Mom’s day with a simple flower on a straw stem card
- This Mothers Day pop up book has the space to put into words all the things you never get around to saying – it’ bound to make Ma smile!
- I live this striking Q-tip flower card by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Who can resist a fun watercolour-resist art project? Especially when it’s been turned into cards or bookmarks, by Projects with Kids
- Sometimes you just need something quick and easy, like these print and colour Mothers Day cards by Rediscovered Families
- This has the be the sweetest bunch of flowers Mom will ever receive, each flower contains a personalised message. By 123 Homeschool for Me
Kids can design their own cards using one of our 6 free printable card shape templates
- Make handmade pendants from polymer clay and hama beads – they make gorgeous jewelry gifts!
- Finger knit a friendship necklace , this craft was designed by my daughter
- What mother wouldn’t treasure this kid-designed bottle cap keychain? By Artsy Fartsy Momma
- Mommy is going to love this adorable kid-made necklace (made from glue by a 5 year old!). By Oh Creative Day for The Craft Train
- You can make these ‘I love you to pieces’ heart-shaped cards for Mum in no time, by Crafts by Ria
- Love this kid-made tissue paper heart card – so will Gran! By The Joy of Sharing
- Here are some super-easy sponge printed flower cards kids can print and design. We have a printable template for the sponge shapes.
- I think Nanna is going to adore a super-clever heart pop-up card! By Red Ted Art
- Make Ma some peaches and cream bath bombs to help her relax
- These hand sewn heart pillows have been upcycled from melted crayon fabric art
- Teach kids how to make strawberry heart soap, it makes a sweet gift
- Use scrunch-dyed paper towel to make a bunch of beautiful paper towel roses
- Gotta love a good handprint card! Mom is going to treasure this fingerprint flower pot with poem by fun handprint art blog
- And if you know any cat-loving Mamas out there, this cute handprint cat card is purrrfect for them! By Non-toy gifts
- If your Ma enjoys a relaxing cup of tea then this handprint teapot card is for her, by fun handprint art blog
- Here’s an easy handprint with flowers card, by 123 Homeschool for me
- Upcycle kid’s art into giftwrap, cards, bookmarks and more – so easy and every piece is unique!
- Upcycle old cardboard into the world’s most adorable kid-made picture frames. Fill with drawings (or photos) and give as a gift. By Happy Toddler Playtime
- Kids can paint and decorate strips of cereal boxes to create giant bookmarks as handmade gifts
- Turn an old jar into a thumbprint tealight candle holder. By The Craft at Home Family
- Gift Mom a potplant in a hand-painted galaxy pot
- Here’s an easy DIY to create a twig-wrapped flowerpot. Fill with Nanna’s favourite flowers! By Growing Family
- These kid-made hand-stenciled pots are super cute! They’ll take pride of place on Mommy’s front porch, by Mama Smiles
- Art-loving Mums will love this Frida-design hand-painted pot complete with succulent hair
- Got a book-loving Mom? Gift her a hand-made finger knit bookmark along with her book voucher or new book
- I love these beautiful pressed flowers in floating glass! By Pink Stripey Socks
- This handmade cupcake liner gift bag is the perfect way to package your handmade gift!
- My Mum loved this Australian animal succulent garden we made her for Mothers Day last year (unfortunately the dog made short work of the plastic animals!)
- Print and personalise this Mothers Day candy bar wrapper, by Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Here are some free printable You are my sunshine gift labels – tie them with ribbon to your handmade gifts. By Design Dazzle
- Print out some floral design Mothers Day colouring cards, by Printable Crush
- Make Mom’s day special with some printable mothers day coupons, by Lorenay Lennox
I hope you’ve found something to inspire you here! Check out our handmade gifts board on Pinterest for even more ideas