Here are some easy textured paper egg cards you can make for friends and family this Easter.
They’re simple enough for younger kids and older kids will love them too because they can get creative with more complex textures and patterns.
You might also like these fluffy chick cards
I’m going through a tissue paper phase right now. I can’t get enough of the stuff! Last week we shared recycled mason jar lanterns for Earth Day decorated with tissue paper and today I’ve scrunched, rolled, and twisted scraps of tissue wrap to make some colourful textured cards.
What I love about this project is how much room there is to change it up and adapt it to suit your own style and creative whims (or the ages of your kids). For little kids, stick to simple screwballs and squares. Glue them on at random or in patterned rows. For bigger kids and adults try rolling, twisting and coiling long strips of paper and arranging it in patterns.
These cards are quick to make—batch process a bunch of them for all your friends and family.
How to make textured paper egg cards
You will need
- Tissue wrap in assorted colours
- Card stock
- PVA glue
- Brush for glue
- Markers (optional for colouring inside)
- The printable template (put your details in the form provided and it will be sent to your inbox)
Print the template to a sheet of coloured card stock.
Cut out the template and colour the words in. Put that piece aside.
Pre-cut some tissue wrap into similar sized squares and strips. Now comes the fun part—screw, roll, twist, cut, and glue the tissue paper on to decorate you egg. Make dots, bows, lines and swirls and stick them on in patterns or freestyle however you like.
Told you it was fun!
More Easter gift ideas kids can make
- Make a super cute and easy washcloth bunny
- Here are some ‘surprise inside’ Easter bath bombs the kids will love
- These printable bunny baskets make great gifts if you fill them with something sweet
- These printable bunny bookmarks make a fun addition to a book gift