If you like the idea of sewing ornaments at Christmas, then you’ll love these easy Christmas sewing crafts!
The patterns are all free, and they are perfect for beginners and people who want to get their kids sewing.
Sewing is one of those things I’ve always wanted to learn but never gotten around to and I’ve always admired the work and skill of people who are good at it. This year I finally bit the bullet and attempted to sew, and guess what? It’s actually pretty easy. The latest craft I shared was a simple pear softie Christmas decoration – it’s only the second ever sewing project I’ve posted on my craft blog so that has to be a testimony to how easy it is.
Today I’ve collected 17 simple Christmas sewing crafts (including my pear softie) which are perfect for beginners. There is still time left for Christmas crafting and the ornaments you make become keepsakes to treasure year after year. Handmade ornaments really do add a special something to your tree!
17 easy Christmas sewing crafts for beginners
1) Christmas Cat ornament by Mama Smiles
2) Cookie cutter gingerbread man and house by Blue Barn
3) Super cute felt reindeer ornament by Red Ted Art
4) Happy pear ornament by The Craft Train
5) Penguin softie kids can make by Coloured Buttons
6) Mini snowman softie by felt with love designs
7) Scandanavian Christmas gnome by make film play
8) Robin softie by Graces favours – craft adventures
9) Hand-sewn gingerbread man by to be a kid again
10) Felt Christmas baubles by Oh Creative Day
11) Felt reindeer ornament by Swoodson says
12) Christmas tree softie by Our Daily Craft
13) Easy snowman softie by Sewing with kids
14) Candy cone by little stitch
15) DIY fabric decorations by Simply Sewing
16) DIY Christmas ornaments using t-shirt transfers by Nittens and Patches
17) Christmas pudding baubles by Luckykate Crafts
So many great projects to choose from! If you’re a beginner sewer like me and have been wondering whether to take the plunge just do it, I bet it’s easier than you think.
You might also like:
• easy DIY angel wings
• mini paper lantern ornaments with printable template
• mini paper angel ornaments with printable template
• These DIY fortune cookies are a fun and creative holiday project
Or for more fun sewing inspiration visit our if I could sew board on Pinterest.
Tracee Pettee says
I saw really cute cone angels listed under your name but i can’t find the pattern which is really disappointing!
We have some mini paper angels with a printable template, just here: https://www.thecrafttrain.com/1/post/2013/11/mini-paper-angels.html