This collection of ideas I’m sharing today features 25+ DIY toys made from rocks. If you can’t find the perfect rocks for crafting outdoors you can usually get them in the garden section at your local hardware store. Some of these would make great handmade gift ideas if you want to get started early for Christmas too!
I love DIY toys! I love that they are inexpensive, unique and just as fun (or possibly more fun) than popular store-bought plastic toys.
Making your own toys shows kids that they can be resourceful and come up with their own ideas rather than going with the latest fad thing they’ve seen “unboxed” on youtube. Plus it’s also kinder to our environment.
Here 25+ gorgeous rock crafts you can make which are from some of my favourite bloggers, and there are a few from our archives too.
25+ DIY toys made from rocks
• I adore this rock flamingo puzzle by Hello Wonderful
• How clever is this seasonal tree rock puzzle by arty craft kids? The leaves flip to show a change in season
• Another idea for the four seasons is this sorting puzzle by Buggy and Buddy
• Create a flower puzzle like this one by Mother Natured
• I made this funny face puzzle for my daughter when she was in pre school
• The Very Hungry Caterpillar fans will love this themed rock puzzle by Color made happy
• Make a patterned rock snake puzzle like this one from I Heart Crafty Things
• How cute are these minions in jail outfits? by Non-toy gifts
• I made these sweet pebble love bugs as a Valentines Day craft, but they are fun any time of year
• Use up your left over pom pom trimmings to create some fluffy pet rocks
• These cactus pets are just too cute! And a lot less spiky than the real thing, by The Best Ideas for Kids
• Make a sweet little ladybug like this one by Fireflies and Mudpies
• This little pet snail is made by shake painting rocks! Check out how at Kids Craft Room
• Can you believe these realistic-looking koi fish rocks are completely kid made? By Make it Your Own
• Here are some adorable pet mice, by Fireflieas and Mudpies for I Heart Crafty Things
Busy Bag Rocks
• Make some gorgeous story stones like these ones from Color Made Happy
• My kids love this weather rock set with felt drawstring bag
• Or you could make some garden rocks in a cute flower bag
• These road signal rocks would make a great addition to the matchbox car collection! by Hello Wonderful
Imaginative Play Rocks
• The toys will love toasting marshmallows on this mini campfire made by Box of Ideas
• These pretend play rock cakes were a favourite for my youngest when she was a pre schooler. They were played with a LOT.
• The basket of fruit and veggies is intended for use as garden markers, but I’ll bet kids would love to use them in play as well. By Adventure in a Box
• Imagine the fun kids would have with this magic dragon painted rock set, by Color made Happy
• I’m in love with this little sea in a bottle by Make it Your Own!
• This super funky strawberry rock ring is by Red Ted Art
• These rock photo holders would look great in a kids room, or would make a cool kidmade gift for one of their friends! By Buggy and Buddy
• These pretty dyed rocks with empowering messages are by Twitchetts. Kids will love making them and hiding them around the neighbourhood for somebody to discover.
So many cool things that you can make! Have you tried crafting with rocks?
Leave a Reply