How fun do these 3D monster paper craft portraits look in all their bright colours?
This is a super-easy monster-themed craft, perfect for Halloween art displays and decorating. It’s easy enough for kids aged 6 and up but older kids would love it too.
Monster crafts are always fun to make! They’re bold, bright, and you can make them as funny, silly, grumpy or happy as you like.
With these 3D monster portraits, I’ve created a simple head-and-shoulders template that can be printed to coloured paper (card stock recommended). Kids can then design their own monster faces using the print-and-colour template. They could also draw and design their own monster features.
When it comes to monster crafts, anything goes!
How to make a 3D monster paper craft portrait
You will need:
- Our printable monster portrait template, available in both our printables store and our TPT store
- Coloured card stock in a range of colours
- Plain white paper
- Coloured felt tip pens, crayons or pencils
- Glue stick
Print the head and shoulders to your choice of card stock colour. Print the facial features to plain white paper
Colour and cut out your choice of eyes, nose, mouth, ears and horns.
Cut out the head and shoulders. Glue the facial features to the centre of the head piece.
Glue the shoulders to the bottom edge of a sheet of cardstock in a contrasting colour to your monster.
Fold the tabs on the side of the head piece. Glue it so that if overlaps the shoulders slightly and pops up in an arch sharp.
Cut out a rectangle from a piece of scrap paper and fringe it to look like hair. Glue it onto the chin or top of head.
I love how every monster has his own unique look!
You might also like:
- Make a 3D paper spider craft using our printable template
- Check out these cute peg monsters with fluffy yarn hair
- Create 8 fun and spooky papercrafts with our Halloween paper craft collection
- These bat and pumpkin suncatchers look so pretty hanging in the window
Stefanie Norman says
These are fab! The kids will have lots of fun making those.
Thank you so much!
Thanks! I’m so glad you like them