Times tables are an essential element of basic math that gives a solid grounding for more complex things to come. So kids do need to memorise them, even if it’s boring and they don’t want to.
Here are six fun printable activities to help make it easier – and a little less boring too.
Get the printable times table fun bundle here
Getting kids to sit down and learn something repetitive isn’t easy, especially if you’re not the authoritarian type (I’m not).
It’s far easier to get them to do fun stuff – like play games, colour in, make cool things and read good books.
These 6 printable times table activities combine all those elements into learning activities that have been designed to help memorise the multiplication tables.
All of the activities we’re sharing today have been combined into one great-value bundle to make things easy (it also saves you 40%).
6 fun ways to learn times tables
Printable times table bookmarks
Both my kids love reading, which is why I came up with these bookmarks. Read the bookmark through once before getting started every time you sit down to read.
This would work great for read-aloud books too, so the adult can practice together with the child.
Times Table mandalas
Practicing the times tables is not very relaxing for anyone involved – but colouring in is.
Each printable mandla focuses on one multiplication table and has a colour key on the page with the answers forming a pattern that kids can colour in. Double check their finished work with the printable answer sheet.
Times Tables Spinners
This is a fun STEM craft. Print the template to card stock, then layer and clip together with a split pin paper fastener. The finished spinner spins to show the correct answer to every multiplication sum.
Multiplication Madness Game
Play two different games with this printable game board.
- Practice one table – Place the number you are practicing in the centre of the board, and your game piece anywhere in the circle. Roll the dice, and multiply whichever number you land on with the number in the centre. If you get the answer correct, take a button or glass bead. Keep playing until the timer ends (we set it for two minutes per player).
- Practice all tables – Play the same way as above only without a number in the centre of the board. Instead, multiply the number you land on with the number on the dice.
Times table memory match
This game works the same way as any game of memory match, only instead of finding matching picture or cards, the multiplication question needs to match the answer. Set the question cards up on one half of the grid and the answer cards on the other half.
It’s quite tricky – and fun too!
Times Table Bingo
What kids doesn’t love a game of Bingo? In Times Table Bingo you need to find the answers to the multiplication questions on the card and cover them with a button or glass bead.
This has been designed as a solo game with the complete answers to one multiplication table on each card. You could play it in a group for practice too but there would not be a ‘winner’, since everybody’s cards would be the same.
Get the times table fun pack
You can get all of these printables in one great-value set, saving you 40% off the price if you purchased them individually.
My kids had fun with these activities at home. I hope it helps your kids learn their times tables too.
More educational printables for kids
- Have fun writing with this printable set of story prompt dice
- These free creative challenge cards have been designed to encourage creative thinking and problem solving
- Learn about Ocean Animals with our paper plate ocean animal ebook
- Learn about Australian animals with our Australian animal craft ebook