Here’s a super cute pair of apple baskets to make from paper using our printable template.
The baskets are just the right size to hold little treats and make a fun apple or harvest-themed crafts for kids. They’re also cute for back-to-school, and they’d make a sweet teacher gift filled with chocolates at Christmas or end-of-year.
Who doesn’t love apples? My picky eaters for one, but make them an apple pie or crumble and they’ll love that, haha. Or a friendly apple basket like these ones.
Our apple basket comes in both full colour and line art so kids can colour their own. They’re a low-mess, low-fuss craft that you can put together with nothing but paper (card stock recommended, but paper will still work), scissors and glue. And they’re so easy that anyone with scissor skills can make them.
How to make an apple basket craft
You will need
- The template printed onto card stock — available both in our printables store and on TPT
- Glue stick
- Scoring tool or blunt butter knife (optional)
- Pencils or felt tip markers if making the color-your-own version
- Score the fold lines (optional).
- Cut out the shapes.
- Fold along fold lines and glue the basket together. The side panels can be angled to tilt outwards so they match the shape of your apple.
- Glue the handle on.
So cute! You could even fill a finished basket with treats and give as a teacher gift.
More paper basket crafts kids can make
I’m a teeny bit obsessed with designing paper baskets. Here are some more themed basket templates for you …
- Make a paper pumpkin basket for Halloween (free template)
- Here’s a realistic turkey basket, perfect for Thanksgiving
- Make a set of woodland animals, there is a fox, bear, hedgehog and racoon in this set
- We have a set of adorable pastel bunny baskets for Spring or Easter
- Make Santa and reindeer baskets for the festive season