Australia day is coming up very soon and to celebrate we’ve created some Aussie koala masks! There is a printable template in either gold, green, grey (like a real koala) or blank so the kids can colour and decorate their own.
To make one of these at home I’d recommend using a heavy paper stock if you have it on hand but if not don’t worry, it will still work on ordinary A4 paper.
- Print out this template (there are four options within the one pdf, just print out your favourite colour)
- Cut out the strips at the bottom of the page, they become the head strap or if you prefer punch a hole and use some hat elastic to hold it onto your child’s face.
- Cut out the mask and eyeholes – I used a craft knife and cutting mat for the eyes but obviously you can’t give that equipment to a child, they will have to either use scissors or have an adult cut the eyeholes out for them with a craft knife.
- Staple one strip to each end of the mask next to the eyeholes.
- Measure around the head of the person who is going to wear it and staple to fit at the back.
Or get the kids busy being creative by decorating their own mask however they like.
Here are the girls looking cute in their green and gold Aussie koala masks.
They were is a silly mood so the only way I could get them to pose nicely for a picture was to allow for a super-silly shot afterwards (or two or three or four).
This post is part of an Australia Day For Kids blog hop. Don’t forget to check out the rest of the awesome projects from participating Aussie bloggers.
THE AUSTRALIA DAY BLOG HOP 2016
Monday January 4th
Printable koala mask at The Craft Train (you are here now)
Tuesday January 5th
Koala in a Creek at Laughing Kids Learn
Wednesday January 6th
Australia themed printable at Montessori Nature
Thursday January 7th
Boab Tree Mosaic Art at A Moment In Our World
Friday January 8th
Homemade Violet Crumble recipe at Go Science Kids
Monday January 11th
Aussie Book List at Honey Bee Books
Tuesday January 12th
Mini kids pavlovas at Kidgredients
Wednesday January 13th
Bottlebrush (flower) art at Danya Banya
Thursday January 14th
Aussie themed craft at Coloured Buttons
Monday January 18th
Aussie recipe at Sweet Little Pretties
You might also like to visit the Australia Day Blog Hop from 2014 for lots more fun Aussie ideas!
Kate Lloyd says
I adore this so much Kate. Super cute and I love the silly after shot too. LOL
Smarty Arty says
This is a super cute idea! I have some friends coming out from the UK with their little one and this is a great activity for her to do to experience her first Australia Day
Fantastic, hope they like it!
What a cute mask! Your girls look just adorable in it! looks like lots of fun!
Mia Alexandra Quiroz Delgado says
I love them!, are so cute!