Do you have a kid who’d love a puppy? Never fear, the balloon puppies are here!
These balloon puppies are a craft I made with my kids when they were preschoolers – in fact it was actually their idea. They loved their pups sooo much that this craft has been revisited at our house many times since.
It’s a simple low-mess, low-prep activity which is good for rainy days, and if you’re anything like me you already have a large stash of balloons left over from the last party and waiting for the next one to come around.
Once your balloon puppy is made you can take him for a walk around the house. Teach him a few tricks, you will be AMAZED by how high he can “jump”.
Want to make your own sweet puppy? Here’s how…
How to make a balloon puppy
You will need
• Crepe Paper
• Sharpie marker
• Double sided tape
- Blow up your balloons
- Draw a puppy face on the front. I used the tie as a gauge for where the nose will be
- Cut and tie the leash on
- Make crepe paper ears and a streamer for the tail, then stick them on with double sided tape.
Now all there is left to do is to give your puppy a name.
Does your puppy keep rolling onto it’s back? It must want it’s tummy tickled!
More fun animal craft ideas
• Make a paper roll frill-necked lizard
• Here are 14 paper plate ocean animals
• These craft stick butterflies turn out so pretty!
• Make a cute paper roll fox
• Here are some fun printable koala masks
• What about a gecko made from pom poms?
• This paper roll fish is one of our most popular crafts