Looking for a fathers day card idea to make for your awesome Dad?
Here’s something he’ll love – a hand crafted paper prize ribbon rosette for being the “Best Dad”. Open the card to reveal the 5 top reasons why he’s the best and make him feel appreciated.
You might also like our printable Fathers Day Explosion Cards
I know us Mums do a lot for our families, but sometimes we get all the credit. Let’s give some back to all the awesome dads out there.
My Dad is not much of a dish washer and I’ve never once seen him fold the laundry, but he’s still the best.
When I was a child he made the best tickle monster, bike fixer, barbecuer and possibly the scariest “boogeyman” ever.
Now I’m all grown up he’s the “Best Poppy” to the girls – although this has to be a tie with their other “Best Pop”, who is equally awesome.
I think he’s really going to love this Best Pop prize ribbon card on Fathers Day!
How to make a prize ribbon fathers day card
We’ve used a basic paper folding technique to create the paper rosette. It’s pretty easy to make.
You will need:
- This printable template (also available in our TPT store)
- Coloured construction paper for the ribbon and medallion
- A sheet of card stock for the card base
- Double sided tape
- Glue stick
Print out your template directly to coloured construction paper, the template tells you which page to print to which colour. Included in the downloadable pdf file is an “at home set” and a “classroom set”. The classroom set is designed to maximise economy of paper usage for teachers when you need a large volume of the printable.
Create the prize ribbon. From the page of strips cut off two long strips and two half-sized strips. Fold the two long strips accordion-style like a paper fan.
Glue the ends of these together fo make a circle. You will be able to push it down flat but it won’t stay flat on it’s own until you stick the “best Dad” circle on top.
Cut out the “Best Dad” circle, or choose the alternative you need.
Put several pieces of double sided tape to on the back of the Best Dad circle, then press the blue piece into a flat shape while you stick the circle on top.
Stick the two ribbon tails to the back, also with double sided tape.
Fold a sheet of card stock in half as the card base. Write the reasons why your dad is so awesome on the printable provided, then glue this to the inside of the card.
Stick the prize ribbon on the front, and you’re done!
Now tell me, what Dad wouldn’t love one of these?
You might also like:
- Easy minion greeting card (perfect for birthdays or Fathers Day)
- Dad might like a hand made clay coil pot
- If you have younger kids you can always try repurposing their art as gifts and cards
- Here are 50+ handmade gift ideas from bloggers around the world
- Or here are 5 easy kid-made gifts (things my own girls made for near and dear ones in their life)
- Dad might like a cool “explosion” fathers day card you can make with our printable