Upcycle your empty paper rolls into an adorable paper roll fox craft.
This is a fun recycling craft at any time of year, though for some reason fox crafts are especially popular in Autumn or Fall (which doesn’t make much sense to me since foxes are around all year long). But, why not? They do have gorgeous Autumn-red fur.
This craft was originally published in 2016 and has been updated and reshared for today’s audience.
You might also like our 3D Arctic fox craft
Not long ago, we shared a print-and-colour paper fox hat, and today you can make a little DIY toy fox from cardboard to go with it.
My girls loved playing with these guys. I don’t blame them – there is something about foxes. They may be cunning creatures who like to steal chickens and eat them for dinner but still, they are very, very cute. They often feature as villains in folklore, fairytales and children’s stories, so we love to think of them as devious trickster-thieves, but really they’re just trying to feed their families like everybody else.
Here are some books and stories featuring foxes…
Fox books for kids
Now let’s get crafting!
How to make a paper roll fox craft
You will need:
• A cardboard tube – one long paper towel roll will make a pair of foxes
• Paint – I’ve used acrylic paint
• A sharpie marker
• free printable fox shape template
- Flatten your cardboard tube and trace or sketch the fox shape outline onto it. I hand-drew my outline, but I’ve uploaded a shape template in case people would prefer to trace their shape on.
- Cut your fox out.
- Pop the shape out to look like a round roll again, fold the head down and hey presto, It’s now a little fox.
- Paint in a red-brown foxy colour with white patches over the eyes, tail and paws.
- Once the paint is dry, add in some detail with a sharpie marker.
That’s all there is to it, easy right?
We’ll have some more Woodland animal printables to share soon, so stay tuned.
More paper roll animal crafts for kids
- This paper roll fish is easy peasy
- Create some super cool paper roll frill-necked lizards
- Kids love making these paper roll dinosaurs
- Make a flock of paper roll swans
- Here is a paper roll green sheep, just like the one in the book