*This post contains affiliate links
These little cardboard tube foxes are my kids’ new favourite toys. I don’t blame them, there is just something about foxes. They are cunning creatures who like to steal chickens and eat them for dinner but still, they are very, very cute don’t you think? If you’d like to make some just like ours here’s how:
You will need:
- Flatten your cardboard tube and sketch a fox shape outline like the image top left
- Cut your fox out
- Pop the shape out to look like a round roll again, fold the head down and hey presto, It’s now a little fox.
- Paint in a red-brown foxy colour with white patches over the eyes, tail and paws
- Once the paint is dry, add in some detail with a sharpie marker
That’s all there is too it, easy right?
More easy cardboard tube animal crafts
• Make a green sheep just like the one in Mem Fox’s famous book
• Make some graceful toilet roll swans
• Your new cardboard tube foxes would probably love some toilet roll bunnies to play with!
• Make a cute toilet roll dinosaur or two
• These cardboard tube elephants are so easy!
• Use a paper towel roll to create a frilled neck lizard
• Kids will love making some colourful toilet roll fish!
We have a specially dedicated cardboard tube board on Pinterest where you can find many inspiring ideas for upcycling paper rolls.