Tweet tweet! If you’re looking for a quick and easy Spring or Summer craft idea you’ll love these craft stick bird puppets.
I have an enormous collection of craft sticks in amongst my supplies collection. I keep buying them because I know there are tons of cool things you can make with them. Things like picture frames, fairy castles and mini lid banjos, but somehow they usually remain hidden away in the cupboard. It’s like they’re waiting for someone to open the door so they can come out and play!
Well here is a quick and easy way to use up some of those craft sticks – bird puppets.
I love making puppets because they are a fun open-ended DIY toy which encourage kids to use their imaginations.
Here is how to make one…
How to make craft stick bird puppets:
You will need:
- Large craft sticks
- Tissue paper (small pieces)
- Googly eyes
- construction paper scraps in yellow or orange for the beak
- Paint brush and scissors
Paint the tips of your craft sticks and allow to dry
Pinch the centre of your tissue paper square, then glue to the back of the craft stick behind the painted tip.
Glue the eyes to the front.
Fold a scrap of yellow or orange paper in half and cut a triangular beak out of it. Glue into place.
Now he’ll need a few friends!
More bird craft ideas for kids:
- Here are some adorable paper chicks in a nest
- Make a paper plate chick using our printable template
- This mother hen on a nest has three baby chicks tucked under her wing!
- What about this arty bird puppet from recycled artworks
- These cork love birds are so very sweet
- Make the cutest rustic farmhouse rock chicks