Mix and match the shapes in this template to make a set of cute dog cards. Whether you like dogs with floppy ears, pointy ears, big eyes, big noses or fluffy faces doesn’t matter—you can make them all!
This is a great DIY card to make for anyone who loves their dog (or who loves dogs but doesn’t have one). Best of all, this template is free.
You might also like these DIY stamped rose cards
Crafts based on animals are my favourite, and dogs are my very favourite animal of all. So it’s surprising that, after almost ten years of craft blogging, this is my first ever dog craft.
Part of the problem is there are so many kinds of dogs. They come in all shapes and sizes and they’re all beautiful. How are you supposed to choose a single dog to base a craft on?
I finally came up with a solution… make ALL OF THEM.
This mix and match dog template has a base head shape, four different snout and nose shapes, three different ear shapes, and an assortment of eyes so you can get creative with different dog breeds. Or mutts—we love them all, don’t we?
The template also includes a face stripe and eye patch, and you can add any additional details you like. For a fluffy dog, glue on some yarn. If you want to make a card that matches your own furry best friend and the template doesn’t stretch that far, try sketching out a different snout or ear shape.
Make a whole pack of dogs and keep them in the drawer for whenever you need an all-occasion card. They’d make great birthday cards, fathers day cards, mothers day cards, get well cards, thank you cards and even Christmas cards.
They’re also super easy to make. Let’s get started.
How to make cute dog cards
You will need:
- Card stock in neutral tones (browns, black, greys, white etc.). I purchased my pack from our local craft store but this one on Amazon looks similar
- Glue stick
- The printable dog shapes template
Print the template to ordinary paper. Cut around the shapes and trace them onto your card stock colour of choice.
You can make just one card or go crazy and make lots. If you’re batch-producing, cut out as many bases as you need in an assortment of different colours. Do the same for the snouts, ears and noses. Cut the eyes out from white.
Now all you need to do is glue the pieces together using your glue stick.
The only problem when you have a lot of dogs together is that they can get a bit noisy, haha.
Woof woof woof!
The cheesy greeting pun is optional (but I’m sure you can come up with better!)
Happy dog card making! Which is your favourite?
More DIY card ideas
- Make some marble art heart-shaped cards
- These rose-stamped cards are so pretty!
- Here’s a cute Mother and baby koala card
- Minion fans will love this simple minion-themed greeting card
- We have a fun set of four free printable valentine puzzle cards
- These fluffy chick cards are made using pom pom yarn trimmings
- Sponge print a gorgeous flower card for someone special
- Use cookie cutters to create a super easy set of handmade Christmas cards