Help kids celebrate our amazing planet with more than 30 fun Earth Day crafts and activities!
This collection of ideas from bloggers around the world includes everything from process art to recycling crafts, sewing projects, printables and more.
You might also like these egg carton recycling ideas
With all of the excitement around Easter-themed crafting, poor old Earth Day often gets forgotten. That’s such a shame because taking care of our planet has never been more important.
I’m embarrassed to say that in the past I’ve been guilty of flooding my own blog with pastel bunny, chick and egg crafts and until this year had zero Earth Day ideas at all!
To make up for it, this year I decided to focus on Earth Day in earlier in the year instead of in April (when we’re bound to get side tracked yet again). I’ve collected all of our ideas into one blog post along with lots of creative inspiration from the wider kid blogging community. You’re sure to find something for all ages and abilities here.
30+ Earth Day crafts and activities for kids
- Hands holding Earth Art by Fun Handprint Art blog
- Celebration Earth craft by Simple Everyday Mom
- Happy Earth character craft by The Inspiration Edit
- Paper plate Earth craft with printable continents by The Inspiration Edit
- Happy Earth sewing craft with printable template
- Easy kids dirt earth craft by Go Science Kids
- Spinning paper Earth craft with printable template
- Mosaic Earth art activity by Crafts by Amanda
- Earth handprint art by The Gingerbread House
- Newspaper Earth art activity by I Heart Crafty Things
- Lorax paper Earth craft by Non Toy Gifts
- Paper towel Earth Day suncatcher
- Marbled Art Earth craft by I Heart Crafty Things
- Quilled paper Earth craft by Projects with Kids
- Torn paper Earth craft by Crafts on Sea
- Earth Day paper hat by Simple Everyday Mom
- Fingerprint Earth art by Crafts on Sea
- Coffee Filter Earth painting by Fun with Mama
- Tasty Earth toast by My Kids Lick the Bowl
- Earth Day slime recipe by Really are You Serious
- Free printable Earth Day game
- 3D Earth heart paper craft by Non Toy Gifts
- Earth Day Art activities by Natural Beach Living
- K Cup Earth craft by Artsy Momma
- Earth in hands black glue craft by Messy Little Monster
- Lorax Truffula seed craft by Jinxy Kids
- Earth pom pom craft by The Gingerbread House
- Layers of the Earth craft by Red Ted Art
- Plastic squid recycling craft by Mini Mad Things for The Craft Train
- I can help the Earth pop up book
- Home made plantable seed paper by Crafts By Amanda
- Washi tape tree art by 3 Dinosaurs
- Recycled lid necklaces by Projects with Kids
- Marbled pots planting craft by Natural Beach Living
I hope you found something to inspire you here, the only question must be which fun idea to try first!
Me Con says
Love these earth day crafts! We’ll be making some blue & green slime for earth day too! We just did DIY terrarium necklaces to learn about the water cycle and have a fun spring craft that I think would be fun for Earth Day too!
The necklaces sound great