Mothers day is just around the corner so I wanted to give you guys a super quick and easy craft idea that all mums will love. I made these gift bags from materials I had on hand, but they would also look great using coloured paper bags instead of the brown and white ones.
Although I have applied this flower making technique to a gift bag, there are lots of other fun ways to use them. Try making a gift card, a broach, tiara or a decorative garland with them. They are so simple and look very effective when you layer them too.
I’m quite the novice at video making so don’t judge but I have even made a video tutorial to go with this craft post! Check it out or follow the step-by-step photos and instructions if that’s your thing.
How to make an easy flower gift bag
You will need:
- Fold your cupcake liner in half, in half again and in half again
- Cut a single petal shape
- Unfold to reveal a flower
- Repeat at a different size and layer on top
- Create more flowers. I’ve made six to be layered into three flowers, but you can make as many or few as you like
- Glue onto your bag
- Draw stems on the flowers using your green felt tip
- Fold the cupcake liner in half twice (so it’s in a ‘quarter’ shape) and cut the leaves.
- Glue the leaves in place
You can vary the shape of the petals to be daisy shaped or more rounded, however you choose.
See – I told you they were easy! Mum is going to love them for sure.
Now you just need a cute hand made gift to put inside it. What will you make?
More ideas for mothers day
• Create a card using one of our six printable blank card starters
• Check out some of our kid-made gifts
• Mum would love a hand-sewn bookmark, or if sewing is not your thing try a repurposed cereal box bookmark
• If your the gardening type try making a home-grown gift basket
• Or if you have younger kids try repurposing their art as gifts with some of these nifty ideas