This easy minion greeting card is fun to make and will make a great addition to any gift.
My kids love the Despicable Me movies and I have to admit I love them too. The little yellow minions are so hilarious!
Here is a simple minion greeting card you can make from construction paper in around 10 minutes. This one is a birthday card but it would also make a great fathers day (or any occasion) card. The Minions are funny so I had to add a joke in there. My kids think the funniest line EVER is the one where they say “Banana” to each other, and my girls repeat this line to each other over and over and it always sets them off into hysterical fits of laughter. For this reason our top secret message is “Banana” – ha ha ha! You can change the message to whatever suits you though.
Want to make one? Watch our short video or follow the step by step instructions below.
How to make an easy Minion greeting card
You will need:
• Construction paper in yellow, brown, black, white, grey and blue (I’ve used board for sturdiness)
• lead pencil
• black marker
• round circle punch (mine is 2cm)
• glue stick
- Fold a yellow and blue sheet of paper in half.
- Sketch the outline of overalls onto the blue folded sheet and cut it out
- Glue the overalls over the top of the folded yellow sheet
- Use your compass to create 3 circles, one on yellow and white and one slightly larger on grey
- Cut the circles out, and cut the yellow circle in half (the yellow circle is an eyelid so it is optional – most of the timed the characters have their eyes open so you don’t really need it)
- Cut a small circle from the brown paper with your hold punch and draw a small black circle in the centre with the black marker
- Glue the brown circle on top of the white and the white on top of the grey. Glue the half yellow circle on top of the white and brown.
- Cut a strip (approx 1cm) of black paper and glue this onto the card where the eye will go, and then glue the eye on top.
- Cut a pocket shape from the blue paper and glue the side and bottom edges down.
- Add the details of a mouth and pocket stitches with your black marker.
- Make a little note to stick in the pocket. Fold it in half like a mini card and write “top secret” across the top front. On the inside write “I have a secret message for you”.
- On the inside of the card write “Banana!” in large letters, and your real message in small letters and brackets underneath.
Perfect for friends who love the Minions!
More fun character crafts:
• Create a cute paper roll Batman and Robin
• Make some fun Super Hero Girl peg dolls
• Use a recycled cereal box and duct tape to make Batman’s batmobile
• Create some Super Hero themed puppets from wooden spoons
• Have fun with our free printable SING themed charades game
Visit our character crafts board on Pinterest for tons more fun ideas!
My son is a minion super fan and I can’t wait to make these cards thanks so much for this how to. Also can not wait to see the look on his face. Thanks again.
We love them too! Hope he likes making the cards 🙂
Minions minions everywhere, my children can not get enough of them. Your article for making them will be a great rainy day card making activity during our summer. (as we are bound to get a few of those)
They are so funny aren’t they! Hope you enjoy the card making
I agree children can go crazy over the strangest of things, I think it because they use their own language. As I have also got a minion crazy child this card is definitely on my list thanks Kate.
Minions are hilarious!
Swati Chauhan says
Ooooooooooooo i love it
Kate just wondering do you have any other posts of other characters? I would really like to make cards to suit the person (some actually don’t like minions if you can believe that who doesn’t) and I am hoping you have thought the same.
Since minions have fallen out of favor in our house do you have any other birthday card ideas we could do? This was great for my nieces but mine not so keen, Looking forward to your reply.