Recently the girls and I decided to make some tiaras out of foil. My kids love to create paper crowns and often make them on their own without any help from me. This version with the sparkly foil was even more appealing to them but they did need help with the pipe cleaner twisting and foil wrapping. The finished product makes a great prop for royal pretend play – always a favourite game for my two.
You will need:
• Pipe cleaners – we used 4 per tiara and an extra 2 to make a matching bangle
• Sharpies (permanent markers) in assorted colours and/or stickers to decorate
Shape the second two pipe cleaners into three peaks at the front.
Cover the peaks with smaller squares of foil first and then cover the rest of it.
Decorate with the sharpie markers and stickers.
Lovely! Now it’s play time…
We even made a bangle to match using the same technique.
For tons more easy peasy ideas on crafting for play visit my Craft & Play board on Pinterest.
More ideas for pretend play
• make some yummy-looking rock cakes for your next toy tea party
• try some easy pretend pasta and meatballs for the toy kitchen
• make a flying fairy car from a cardboard box
• all good fairies need a glittery, sparkly magic wand
• make fun and imaginative crowns from paper scraps
• kids will love making some fun toy cookies from air-dry clay