Use this free printable egg template to create any kind of egg-shaped art or craft for Easter.
It comes in four different sizes, and when it comes to project ideas this one is totally open-ended… so anything goes!
I have LOTS of ideas for Easter egg crafts, and most of them require a basic egg template to kick it off with.
I decided to save myself the trouble of uploading the same thing numerous times and set up a single download for you guys. The eggs come in four different sizes to make them suitable for just about any egg-shaped project.
We’ll be sharing some new things in the weeks leading up to Easter using this template, but here’s a quick brainstorm list to get you started. Feel free to add to it with your own ideas.
egg template project ideas
- Trace onto watercolour paper for liquid watercolour and salt process art in the shape of an egg
- Cut shapes from heavy paper and use for marble art printing
- Make egg-shaped collages on recycled cardboard
- Make a hand-painted egg garland to decorate for Easter
- Trace the shape onto a folded sheet of construction paper and use to make an egg-shaped Easter card
- Use the template as a starter shape to create Easter doodle art
- Use the small eggs as gift tags by printing to card stock, punching a hole in the top, and decorating with washi tape
- Cut the small shapes from sponges, dip in paint, and create Easter sponge prints
You get the picture, right? You could even let your kids come up with ideas for how they want to use the templates.
To get your free egg templates fill your details into the box provided.
More Easter crafts for kids
- Make some paper plate Easter bunnies using our printable
- These pom pom chicks are the cutest! The printable pom pom frame is free
- Here’s tons of Easter basket ideas kids will love to make
- Washcloth bunnies are a super easy DIY gift kids can make
- Here’s some easy potato stamped Easter art