Today I’m excited to be sharing this incredible collection of over 40 fun and free printables for kids!
This round up includes some of our own favourite printables as well as some from bloggers around the world. There are DIY toys, games, colouring pages, puppets, scavenger hunts, animal crafts, STEM activities and more.
You might also like these Summer crafts and activities
I love making things with my kids, but sometimes I’m short on time and need a helping hand getting the activity started. Printables are perfect for those times!
BUT printables aren’t only good for saving time. They can become DIY toys to inspire hours of imaginative play or a game that you play together with your family. They can provide the template to make a cool paper craft or be as simple as a relaxing colouring sheet. Printables can even provide a launch pad for your own ideas.
As a designer I love making printables, and I’m always inspired by the ideas of our incredibly creative blogging community.
While we have an online store that is dedicated to kids printable crafts, I also like to give some away for free – because fun should be accessible for all kids.
All of the kids printables in this round up have been selected with FUN in mind, and all of them are free.
Over 40 fun and free printables for kids
- Make a cute set of paper guinea pigs, inspired by our own lovely pets
- Don’t these paper snails look fun? By Picklebums
- I love the colourful shell on this paper plate turtle, by Fireflies and Mudpies
- Make some Aussie koala masks (there is a more “normal” looking grey version too)
DIY toy printables
- Keep a travel Peter Rabbit small world in a tin – so sweet! By Barley and Birch
- Become a kangaroo for the afternoon with these printable kangaroo masks by Mother Natured
- Use our template to make some paper roll empathy dolls – the dolls that can cry, feel worried and get angry as well as being happy
- Preschoolers will love singing acting out the frog song with this set of five green frog puppets, by Picklebums
Printable insect ideas
- These ladybug puppets look like fun! By the clever Buggy and Buddy
- Make some cute clothes peg bees using our pringable wing templates
- There is also a template for clothes peg dragonflies
- Print out an insect scavenger hunt and then go outside to find the bugs, by Kim and Carrie
Butterfly and caterpillar printables
- Use our printable template to create gorgeous butterfly-shaped “Squish art”
- How pretty is this butterfly shadow puppet by Adventure in a Box?
- Create a butterfly crown with a matching butterfly wand. We used this template for a butterfly birthday party
- Love this cute caterpillar pom pom mat by Craft Play Learn
Nature based printables
- Go on a colour nature hunt with this printable by Messy Little Monster
- Kids will love getting outdoors to work in their printable nature journal, by Adventure in a Box
- This backyard scavenger hunt is a fun idea for toddlers and preschoolers, by Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- I adore this set of nature faces kids can decorate with the most amazing hair styles, by Mother Natured
- Get creative with LEGO using this set of Lego Charades by Adventure in a Box
- Learn about helping the Earth whilst playing our printable Earth Day Board Game
- Get active indoors with this fun insect movement dice by Taming Little Monsters
- Create your own cool mini Pokemon book with this printable by Pink Stripey Socks
Imaginary play printables
- Turn a tree into a fairy house and garden with our printable fairy garden
- Write mini letters to the fairies (or your friends) with this printable mini letter writing set with matching envelopes
- Create a simple washi tape wand in one of three shapes using this template
- Kids will love making these mermaid charm necklaces using the free printable by Barley and Birch
- This amazing set of paper Disney-themed princesses is by Red Ted Art
- Create flying pterodactyl puppets on a string using this printable template
- Keep the kids busy colouring using this printable dinosaur colouring page by Printable Crush
- Kids will love these funny printable dinosaur joke cards
- Make a paper plate diplodocus using this free printable template, a free sample from our paper plate dinosaur ebook
Printable party and food crafts
- Have a paper craft tea party with some printable tea cups by Red Ted Art
- Preschoolers will love making this easy tipping teapot craft by Danya Banya
- Make your own party hats for real or pretend parties using this template
- Have a paper picnic with this cute basket of happy printable fruit by The Joy of Sharing
Printable STEM crafts
- Have fun with these flying paper straw rockets by Buggy and Buddy
- Create your own Rainbow Town small world with a free set of printable doors and windows by Box of Ideas
- These printable Creative Challenge cards will get kids designing, drawing, building and using their imagination
- Make a twirling, whirling whirlygig using our free set of printable patterns
So… My only question is which one are you going to make first?