This is a simple craft that is great for preschoolers and up. I love that we’ve made use of all of the plastic lids we’ve been collecting from yoghurt tubs, and my kids are always up for any craft involving glitter so this one was a hit!
You will need
• Plastic clear lids
• Tacky craft glue (or PVA if you don’t have tacky glue)
• Loose glitter
• Sparkly bits and pieces – e.g. acrylic gem stones, sequins etc
• Wire coat hanger
• Beads (optional)
Cover your lid with tacky craft glue using a cotton bud or similar, stick on the sparkly bits and pieces and add a sprinkle of loose glitter. Then let it dry and punch a hole at the top to tie the string.
Tie string in the holes and thread a few coloured beads on to the string, or you could get the kids to do that part. Then tie it all on to a coat hanger and you’re done. You may need to punch a hole at the bottom of the lid too to tie a second lid underneath it like we have done here.
Ours looks pretty hanging in the garden but due to the water based, non-toxic glue we have used it may not last forever. We’ll see how it goes.
More mobiles that kids can make
• Create a suncatcher mobile using a recycled plastic milk bottle
• This clay leaf mobile is so simple to make and looks great hanging on the wall
• Use cupcake liners to create a colourful spring flower garland
Leave a Reply