Make a paper pumpkin basket with this printable template, perfect for Halloween or Fall crafting fun with the kids!
You might also like our Halloween Paper Craft collection.
The finished pumpkin basket could be filled with small sweets and given as a gift, or used as a festive Halloween decoration idea. It’s a bit too small and flimsy for actual Trick or Treating though.
The pumpkin template comes in both full colour and line art so kids can colour their own. The example I’ve made is the line art version printed to orange construction paper.
We recommend you use heavy weight stock for the paper, especially if you plan of filling the basket. Paper will also work, it just won’t be quite as sturdy.
How to make a Pumpkin Basket
You will need:
- This Pumpkin template
- Card stock paper in orange or white
- Scissors & double sided tape
Simply print it out, cut it out, fold along the dotted lines and then stick together. To make the handle cut a thin strip of paper and stick it on with some double sided tape, or you could sticky tape on a piece of ribbon or pipe cleaner if you prefer.
Trick or treat!
More fun Halloween ideas:
• Create some colourful tie-dyed bat and pumpkin suncatchers
• These egg carton monster treat holders are so fun
• Make your own bubbling brew for pretend play
• Or try this kid-made witch’s potion
• Make balloon monsters with our free printable monster parts
• The kids might like some funny monster jokes in their lunch boxes
Have you seen our Halloween board on Pinterest? There are so many spooky ideas that you can draw inspiration from.