This set of printable heart templates is a great start to any Valentine’s Day project. They could also be incorporated into Mother’s Day crafts. The template is free for our readers and comes in six assorted sizes.
Also available: Free egg templates
Hearts are such a versatile shape for kids’ creative projects and come with the bonus of warm, fuzzy love vibes.
Use our set of templates any way you like. We’ll be sharing some projects for inspiration in the coming weeks, but here’s a quick brainstorm to get you started:
Things you can make with heart templates:
- Cut a large heart from art paper and decorate using your favourite medium like liquid watercolours or pastels.
- Print several sheets of the 4-up hearts and decorate each one differently, then string together to make Valentine’s Day bunting
- Print the 6-up hearts to coloured card stock, cut out and decorate with cartoon faces and hair. We also have printable “googly eyes” you could glue on. Glue your finished heart face to a large craft stick to make stick puppets, similar to our cartoon craft stick people
- Print several of the 20-up hearts to construction paper and thread them vertically in strings. Tie the stringed hearts to a stick to make a heart mobile
- Create Valentines Day doodle art with different coloured heart shapes glued to construction card stock. We have an apple doodle art project using this technique, as well as an autumn leaf art version
- Print a range of different-sized heart shapes to construction paper in “Valentines Day” colours and create pictures or patterns from them
These are just for starters, it’s up to you what you want to make with your hearts!
Find the full set of heart templates in our new craft template library (still a work in progress).
More Valentines Day crafts your kids will love
- Make a cute set of Love Monster finger puppets with this printable
- Create a Valentines Day doodle heart card using this template
- Here’s a 3D paper mouse created mostly from hearts
- Preschoolers will love making these paper roll love bugs
- Paper Heart people were designed to spread the love!