If you’ve ever wondered how to make soap it’s easier than you think!
This is kid-friendly strawberry soap recipe uses the microwave (be careful because melted soap is hot so use parent’s discretion when allowing your child to handle it) and a heart-shaped silicone soap mould. If you don’t have a silicone mould you could also use a silicone muffin tin or similar.
The finished scented strawberry soaps make cute handmade gifts that kids could give to their friends for Valentines day. They’d also make a perfect kid-made gifts for Mothers Day, teacher appreciation or as a thank you.
Or maybe they’d just look pretty in your bathroom and encourage the kids to wash their hands, haha.
We have used a melt and pour soap base which you will need to purchase as well as fragrance and colour. You can get the base in a range of different types, so choose your favourite, eg: goats milk, cocoa butter, clear glycerine (for a transparent finish), oatmeal, castile etc. You only need a small portion of the melt and pour base to make these strawberry soaps, so there will be plenty left to experiment with further and come up with your own creations. The leftover fragrance and dye can also be used for home made bath bombs which my kids adore making (and then putting in the bath to fizz around!)
Soap making is fun – let’s get to it.
How to make soap – strawberry hearts
You will need:
- ¼ lb (110g) melt and pour soap base
- 1 drop red liquid soap dye
- 10 drops strawberry soap fragrance
- Small glass bowl
- Small silicone heart mold
- Put soap base in glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir very well. If not completely melted, put on for another 10 seconds.
- Stir liquid soap dye and soap fragrance into the bowl.
- Spoon mixture into the silicone mould.
- Let set for about 30 minutes and remove from mould
See? How easy was that! Now go give them to somebody you love.
More handmade gift ideas for somebody special
• Make some gorgeous peaches and cream bath bombs
• This dinosaur succulent garden still looks great sitting on our front porch
• Use our printable pattern to create some felt flower hair clips
• These adorable heart pillows are made from repurposed fabric art
• Do you know anyone who would love a hand-sewn sweetheart bookmark?
• Pet lovers would LOVE to have their pet made into a cute pillow