Make some cute cookie cutter Christmas cards! This is a quick and easy Christmas craft for kids using every day materials.
Here is a simple way to create bright and colourful cards with kids for Christmas. We made these cards last year a week or so before Christmas and I didn’t have a chance to photograph them properly and put them on the blog (these photos are just a few quick snaps I took with my iphone before we gave them out). I could have easily remade and photographed a few of my own perfect-looking cards using this technique but on this occasion I felt that they would loose some of their authenticity.
My girls made these, they were proud of them and this is how they actually looked. I love having the kids create cards as well as gifts, it helps them to learn about giving and it never fails to make the people who receive them smile.
These cards are made with humble Christmas cookie cutters, and really they couldn’t be any easier. However, the ones in the video tutorial were made by myself.
How to make cookie cutter Christmas cards
You will need:
• Coloured construction paper (we used card stock)
• Christmas shaped cookie cutters
• Patterned scrapbook paper
• A glue stick
• Metallic markers or pens (or you could just use ordinary coloured markers)
• Optional glitter glue
- Use the cookie cutter as a template to trace a Christmas shape on the scrapbook paper. Cut it out.
- Fold your coloured construction paper in half horizontally and cut it in half using the fold as a guide. Fold each half in half again to make your cards.
- Glue the scrapbook shape onto the front of the card using your glue stick .
- Decorate with your metallic markers or glitter glue.
So simple and easy, and quick enough to make that you can create lots of them in one crafting session.
I love that each card has it’s own unique character to it too. They are much more fun than store-bought cards!
You might also like:
• Create a fun advent tree for the countdown to Christmas day
• These recycled cardboard ornaments are perfect for younger kids to make
• Or you could try some sparkly nature ornaments
• Create a cute toilet roll angel decoration
• Painted leaves also make great tree ornaments (we made them look just like Santa!)
• These printable paper angel ornaments have always been popular
We have so many more fantastic and inspiring Christmas craft ideas on our Christmas crafts board on Pinterest. Are you following us?