Today we have the sweetest love monster finger puppets to share. These make a fun Valentines Day-themed craft and are also a good way to engage in play with a DIY paper toy. The printable template is free!
These guys might be monsters but that doesn’t mean they don’t have great big hearts.
Aren’t they cute?
They’re super easy to make with our freebie template and come in both colour-your-own or full colour for if you have less time on your hands.
Puppets are always fun to make because they’re like two activities in one—a craft plus an open-ended imaginary play prompt so kids can make up their own stories with the finished craft.
If you want to extend the activity, you could make a little cereal box theatre to go with it.
How to make Love Monster finger puppets for kids
You will need:
- White card stock (recommended) or paper will also work if you have no cardstock
- Glue stick
- Colouring pencils, crayons or felt tips if you want to use the colour-your-own version
- The free printable template
Print your template to card stock and colour in the monsters (if you’re using the line art version).
Cut the shapes out.
Bend the ‘T’ tabs and glue the two side pieces around to the front so it slips neatly over your finger. Glue a monster to the front.
See … I told you it was super-easy! Now play.
More fun ideas for Valentines Day
- Make some friendly paper heart people
- This 3D paper heart twirls and whirls in the wind
- Here are some free printable puzzle valentine cards kids can hand out to their friends
- Preschoolers will love making these paper roll love bugs!