Create a paper penguin using our latest printable template. It’s super easy to cut out and glue together and comes in both full colour or black and white so you can colour your own.
This is a fun paper craft for kids which is perfect for Winter-themed crafting.
You can get your copy of the template here.
How adorable — and incredible — are penguins?
Did you know that our black-and-white friends don’t all love the cold? Some species live in warm climates like Australia and the Galapagos Islands.
The cold-climate penguins who inhabit Antarctica are the most famous though — and for good reason. They withstand freezing temperatures and blizzards for months on end, whilst at the same time managing to prevent their precious egg from touching the ground.
Isn’t nature amazing?
Make your own set of paper penguins as a Winter-themed decoration or a DIY toy for Antarctic-themed play.
Our template comes in both full colour, and colour-your-own.
How to make a paper penguin:
You will need:
- The penguin template printed onto ordinary white paper, available in both our printables store and TPT store
- Markers, pencils or crayons if colouring your own
- Glue stick
Print the template onto plain white paper. Colour in if using the colour your own template.
Cut out the shapes.
Fold the head and wings forward along the straight lines.
Glue the top part of the body to the base, matching the square tummy on the top part to the white space above the feet on the base.
Fold the feet forward.
Glue the tab next to the tail and flex the base into a circular shape and glue into place. Your penguin is finished and should now stand up on his own.
All done! Although penguins do love to hang around in flocks, so you’ll have to make a few more.
More 3D animal printables for kids:
- Make a 3D polar bear portrait to hang on the wall
- This fun paper frog template is based on the Green Tree frog found in Northern Australia
- Create the cutest family of paper guinea pigs with our freebie template
- These paper chain python snakes look almost real
- Get this set of adorable cube bugs, perfect for Spring-themed crafting!
Check out our Winter Printables Collection
Leave a Reply