Fun and cute paper roll ghost craft for kids. This is an easy Halloween craft for kids which makes use of recyclables and includes a printable template.
Ghost crafts are so much fun! These paper roll ghosts are an easy Halloween craft idea for kids which becomes a cute decoration or DIY toy. Check out our ghost pom pom poppers for another fun DIY ghost toy.
I love recycling crafts, and always find it a fun challenge to come up with new ideas using the humble paper roll as the base material. These paper roll ghosts are made using the same squash, cut and fold technique which I’ve used to make our paper roll black cats and paper roll dinosaurs.
You can personalise your ghosts with funny faces, or paint them any colour you like to brighten them up (whoever said all ghosts had to be white?).
I’ve gone with classic white though, and our ghosts look cute decorating the shelf for Halloween with a few LED candles added for dramatic effect.
Watch the short video to see how to make one, or scroll down for the step-by-step process photos.
How to make paper roll ghost craft
You will need:
• Paper towel roll
• This paper roll ghosts template
• White paint
• Black fine-tip marker
- Print out your template and cut the ghost shapes out
- Flatten your paper towel roll, pressing down on it firmly
- Trace the ghost shapes onto the flattened roll
- Cut out the shapes while the roll is still flattened
- Pop the pieces you have cut out back into a cylinder shape, you will now have cute ghosts
- Paint and decorate
If you’re looking for ghost craft ideas, you might also like our yarn doll ghosts.
More easy Halloween crafts for kids
• Try these colourful tie dyed paper towel suncatchers
• Make some Halloween paper crafts using our printable collection
• Salt dough ornaments are always a favourite
• Egg carton monsters are another recycled craft idea
• Pom pom spiders are quick and easy to create using our DIY pom pom maker