Make some cute (and friendly!) pom pom popper ghosts for Halloween.
You’ve made pom pom poppers before, right? If not you should because they’re lots of fun. I love that they are so quick to make and the materials needed are so simple. Most people with kids would have balloons stashed away somewhere and paper cups left over from a birthday party (at least we do). You can put these things to good use by creating a pom pom popper ghost!
How to make a pom pom popper ghost
You will need:
• paper cups
• double sided tape
• electrical tape (or thin duct tape)
• small piece of white card stock
• sharpie marker
• pom poms
• sharp knife and scissors
- Use your sharp knife to cut an ‘X’ in the base of the cup, then use the flaps of the cross you’ve created to pull out the base completely.
- Blow the balloon up and let the air out again and give it a good stretch. Tie a knot in the end whilst the balloon is deflated and cut the tip off with a pair of sharp scissors. Discard the tip and keep the end with the knot in it.
- Stretch the balloon over the base of the cup, then secure in place with double sided tape.
- Fold your small piece of white card stock in half and draw a ghost arm shape in it whilst folded.
- Cut the ghost arm shape out and unfold to reveal two arms the same. Fold the edge which will be attached to the cup and put into place with double sided tape.
- Draw a spooky face on the front in black marker.
Now just add pom poms and play!
Easy peasy! These friendly ghosts have been tried and tested by the girls and they loved them.
More fun ideas for Halloween
• Make a fizzing, magical bubbling brew
• These yarn ghosts are good friends of the pom pom popper ghosts
• Make some fluffy yarn monsters
• Miss K looked so cute in this egg carton black cat costume I made her a few years ago!
• Check out the Halloween Printables collection now available in our shop