Make a cute set of paper angels to decorate for Chirstmas!
This printable angel craft includes a diverse range of hair and skin tones so kids can make an angel that looks like they do.
I have a soft spot for angel crafts at Christmas. Maybe it’s because they’re something I remember enjoying making as a child so it holds sentimental value.
There is one thing that gets to me though – the blonde-haired, blue-eyed angel stereotype. So often that blonde hair is depicted as golden curls!
If God created all different kinds of people, surely there are all different kinds of angels in Heaven. I wanted kids to be able to make a paper angel who looks like them, so this printable set has a range of options.
Eight different looks (four boys and four girls) is still pretty limited, BUT I’ve also provided the designs in black and white line art so you can colour them any way you like, making the possibilities endless.
How to make printable angels
You will need:
- The printable angel template, available both in our printables store and on TPT
- Ordinary white paper
- Pencils or markers if using the line art version
- Glue stick
- Print the template of your choice to plain white paper.
- Colour in if using the line art version.
- Cut out the shapes.
- Glue the angel together at the back.
- Glue the wings into place.
- Glue the halo into a ring and then glue it to the top of the “glow” at the angel’s back.
You can get your copy of the templates here:
More angel crafts for kids
- Create a set of easy DIY angel wings
- This mini jar of angel dust makes a cute handmade gift idea
- Make a paper roll angel with fancy paper doily wings
- These mini paper angels are one of our most popular freebies
- Here are 25 easy angel crafts for kids