Help kids develop environmental awareness with this free printable Earth Day game.
This is a fun board game for kids of all ages which is similar to Snakes & Ladders, only instead of snakes and ladders there are arrows to follow.
Younger kids will need help reading the messages in the squares, but other than that it’s pretty straight forward. If you land on a good environmental action, you move ahead, if you land on a not-so-good environmental action, you go backwards.
You might also like our spinning paper earth craft
We all know the things we need to do consistently to help our planet, but knowing them and actually putting them into practice are two different things.
At some point, most of us have left the tap dripping, put recyclables in the garbage, wasted paper, left the lights on or used disposable plastic bags instead of reusable ones.
This printable Earth Day board game is all about getting kids to think about those little things and small decisions we make every day. Little things that have the potential to make a big difference to our collective impact on the earth, especially if everybody does them.
It’s designed to be fun and also has an educational element to it. For most kids, it will be reinforcing things they’ve already learned about reducing, reusing, recycling and saving water and energy.
The printable game has been created in A4 size. For a bigger game, print it to a larger piece of paper and select “fit to page” in the print menu.
How to play The Earth Day board game
You will need:
- The printable game and dice – you will need to fold and glue the dice together (card stock is recommended)
- A marker for each player – we’ve used heart-shaped wooden beads
How to play:
- Place all markers at the START
- The first player rolls the dice and moves their marker to the appropriate square
- If you land on an environmental action, read the action and follow the arrow
- If the dice lands on ROLL AGAIN, then roll again
- If the dice lands on LOSE A TURN, that player skips their turn
- Continue the game taking turns to roll the dice
- The winner is the person who reaches the END square first
Of course, it doesn’t need to be Earth Day to play this game, we should all do these things every day!
More ideas for Earth Day:
- Make a spinning paper Earth craft with our printable template
- Create an I can help the earth pop up book to reinforce recycling, reusing, saving energy and saving water
- This paper towel Earth sun catcher is super fun and easy to make
- Get kids sewing for Earth Day with this Happy Earth softie – stuffed with his own scraps!
- Make your own DIY construction kit from nature
Please send me a copy of the earth day game template
Hey Debbie, you need to enter your email address in the form provided and the download link will be sent to you