Want to make a printable Easter bunny basket? This is a fun and easy Easter craft for kids.
The finished baskets make a sweet handmade gift idea with a few treats inside or just a fun Easter themed craft kids can keep for themselves.
The free template comes in four pastel shades plus a black and white line art version so kids (or kids at heart) can colour their own.
This craft was originally published in 2016 and has been updated and reshared for today’s audience.
As far as my kids are concerned, Easter is definitely one of the top three days of the year. Personally though, I like Easter a lot less as an adult than I did as a kid, the chief reason being that feeling I get when I see my kids scoff too much chocolate at once.
Do you know the feeling I’m talking about? But then I remember how much I loved eating chocolate at their age, how exciting it was to hunt for eggs and how much I enjoyed making Easter crafts.
So at our place we do egg hunting, we do Easter crafts, we do hot cross buns on Sunday morning and if there is a little too much chocolate and other junk food around I try not to let it get to me.
I love designing Easter baskets because the possibilities are limitless. In the past we’ve made them from paper rolls, yoghurt pots, and paper cups. This time I’ve created some printable paper bunnies to cut out and glue together, and both the girls loved them. Miss 7 was able to cut them out and put them together by herself, while miss 6 only needed a little bit of help with the gluing and folding.
Originally I was going to make them in grey or white like a real bunny but pink and purple were requested, and we also decided to make them in yellow and blue. Thank goodness for kids’ creativity – they look so much brighter than they would have!
How to make printable Bunny Baskets
You will need:
- Paper – card stock will make a sturdier basket but ordinary paper also works
- A glue stick
- The printable template, available from our printables shop and our TPT store (note: this template was once free for our subscribers but has since been changed)
- Print the template out and cut out the shapes.
- Fold and glue the oblong basket base into shape, folding down the tab for the head
- Glue on the head and paws
- Fold the tail join in half and glue one side to the back of the basket and the other side to the back of the tail. It should ‘pop’ out.
- Glue the handle on
A good thing about these little bunnies is that they only hold mini eggs – that way parents can be happy too!
More Easter craft ideas for kids:
- Make some cute paper chick baskets
- These printable Easter bunny sweet wraps are perfect small gifts for kids’ school friends
- Make a paper plate chick
- Create some fun Easter egg scratch art
- Make some cute and easy paper plate bunnies with this printable template
Check out more of our Spring craft templates