Make some daffodils from our printable template and a few basic craft supplies – so colourful, easy and fun! These printable flowers are an easy spring craft idea for kids.
It’s that time of year when the weather is beginning to tease us with temperatures that feel very much like Spring. Today I saw the first pink blossoms of the season and the grass in our back yard is finally starting to look green instead of brown – and our guinea pigs are loving it!
This weekend the kids’ winter sports are wrapping up for the season and the daffodils are just beginning to come into flower.
It’s also that time of year when hay fever visits our family. As beautiful as the daffodils and other spring flowers are I know it’s not really a good idea to have a bunch on display in our living area – they would aggravate allergies.
So I decided to create a colourful, printable daffodil craft.
Our printable daffodils don’t cost anything but a little bit of your time and a few basic craft supplies.
How to make printable paper daffodils
You will need:
- The printable template above (it will be sent to you via email when you enter your details)
- Craft sticks
- Glue stick and scissors
- Print out your template.
- Cut out the different shapes.
- Glue the flower shape to a craft stick.
- Fold the orange shape along the white fold lines. The scalloped edges become tabs to stick it together with.
- Roll your shape into a cylinder and glue it together, then glue in place over the orange dot on the flower base.
Happy daffodil making. Are yours going to be for anybody special?
You might also like:
• If you are after Spring-themed crafts you could try making a tissue paper butterfly, or older kids might prefer a woven yarn and craft stick butterfly.
• Use egg cartons to create a colourful DIY jewelley box decorated with egg carton flowers
• Use cupcake cases to make some pretty paper flower bunting
• Here are 15 bug and butterfly crafts for kids
• Here are 5o awesome flower crafts for kids
You can find plenty more Spring-themed activities on our Seasonal Crafts board on Pinterest. If your half of the globe is heading into Autumn or Fall there are lots of ideas to suit those seasons too.