Here’s a very easy printable polar bear craft for kids!
This mother polar bear with two adorable baby cubs can be made using our latest printable template.
These paper polar bears are a fun Winter craft idea and are part of a series of printable Winter crafts I’ve been working on.
Kids are going to love making this little family of polar bears. You could use the finished 3D bears as an addition to an arctic animal small world or as simple DIY paper toys to inspire imaginary play.
Making paper craft animals is an opportunity to encourage kids to learn and care about some of the amazing species on our planet. Polar bears are particularly fascinating!
For example, did you know that the fur on polar bears is actually transparent? A optic trick of the light makes the clear fur look white and underneath their skin is black, in order to better absorb the sun’s rays and warm up their bodies.
I’ve included more interesting polar bear facts here on our earlier 3D polar bear portrait project, which would be fun to discuss with kids whilst you make the craft.
But let’s get to the printable polar bear craft…
How to make a printable polar bear
You will need:
- The polar bear template printed onto ordinary white paper (available in both our printables store and our TPT store)
- Glue stick
- Print the template onto plain white paper
- Cut out the mother bear shapes
- Fold the neck tab down and the feet forward
- Bend into a cylinder shape and glue the tab to hold in place
- Glue the head on
- Repeat instructions for the two cubs
Told you it was easy!
More printable paper animal crafts for kids:
- Make a 3D paper penguin using our template
- This 3D polar bear portrait looks great hanging on the wall
- Create a green tree python and a jungle carpet python from paper chains using this printable template
- Here is a set of 14 ocean animal paper plate crafts for kids
- Check out our paper plate dinosaur ebook – 12 different species included!
Check out our Winter Printables Collection
Leave a Reply