Step into the vibrant world of rainforests with over 20 rainforest crafts for kids. This fun collection includes parrots, monkeys, frogs, environment crafts, insects, reptiles and more!
You might also like these Ocean Animal crafts
The lush, green world of rainforests is found in regions near the equator worldwide from the Amazon to Asia to Australia. As per their name, they receive heavy rainfall making them some of the wettest places on earth. It also contributes to them being choc-full of an incredibly biodiverse range of plant and animal life.
Rainforests are fascinating for kids to learn about and they also make perfect inspiration for crafting!
Today I’m excited to share more than 20 cool rainforest crafts kids can make from our own archives as well as blogging friends around the world. So grab your supplies and let’s get creative…
Parrots come in all shapes and sizes and are favourites for their bright colours and cleverness. Here are some cute parrot crafts to make with your kids.
- Use our printable template to make this 3D paper Macaw
- Upcycle paper rolls into a fun pair of paper roll parrots, by Kids Craft Room
- Here’s a colorful macaw craft made from paper rolls by Littleadoo
- Make a paper plate toucan like this one by Pink Stripey Socks
- How fun are these adorable handprint parrots? By Simple Everyday Mom
Who doesn’t love a cheeky monkey craft? Here are some fun ideas for you.
- Love this adorable Monkey headband by Simple Everyday Mom
- How sweet is this pipe cleaner monkey by Frugal Fun for 4 Boys
- Kids will love making this super cute footprint monkey by Fun Handprint Art Blog
Frogs from the rainforest
Frogs are a species that thrive in warm, wet climates so of course we had to include some frog crafts.
- This frog on a lilypad is a Craft Train favourite
- These paper Green Tree frogs are based on the species found in the Daintree Rainforest
- This fun Climbing Paper Tree Frog is by Barley and Birch
- Here’s a cute red-eyed tree frog craft made from a toilet paper roll by Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool. The real leaves are a nice touch!
Sloths might be slow but that doesn’t make them any less lovable. In fact, I think it makes them even more lovable.
- Make a super cute sloth sleeping mask like this one by Red Ted Art
- This cute sloth on a branch craft is by Easy Peasy and Fun
- I love these handprint sloths by Simple Everyday Mom
Love them or hate them, snakes are a vital part of the rainforest ecosystem. Here are some snake craft ideas your kids will love (plus one iguana!)
- Our paper chain pythons are based on real species from the Daintree Rainforest
- Make a finger knit snake — Love their pom pom eyes!
- These bendy paper loom band snakes are genius! By Kids Craft Room
- Here’s a super cute Iguana craft, by Artsy Craftsy Mom
Printable rainforest animals
Make your rainforest craft prep quick and easy with these rainforest printable ideas.
- This cute printable 3D tiger is part of a set by Red Ted Art
- Love this Rousseau jungle craft by Messy Little Monster
- Print and make a fun set of rainforest animal puppets over at Easy Peasy and Fun
Download our free set of Amazon Animal colouring pages here. It features 10 species found in the Amazon rainforest including the anaconda, piranha, poison dart frog, tapir, toucan, howler monkey and more.
Paper Plate Rainforest Crafts
You can make just about anything from a paper plate! Rainforest crafts are no exception. Here are some fun ideas …
- This paper plate rafflesia flower is by Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
- Create a paper plate cassowary using our template
- Love this fun paper plate parrot by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- You can find the template for this paper plate croc in our paper plate Australian Animal collection
Rainforest environment crafts
Help your kids learn the rainforest environment with these creative ideas …
- Learn about rainforest layers with this rainforest habitat kids can make over at Teach Me Mommy. Love the pipe cleaner vines!
- Make your own rainforest small world with a mini rainforest diorama like this one by Messy Little Monster
More Rainforest crafts
And here are more animals found in the rainforest just for fun!
- This symmetrical butterfly painting is based on the blue morpho butterfly. The template is free.
- Make a paper anteater like this one by J Daniel 4’s Mom
- Rainforests are alive with insects! Make a 3D paper doodlebug using our template
- Create a super cute sugar glider from an egg carton (his legs stretch out just like a real one!)
What’s your favorite rainforest animal?
You might also like
- Frog crafts for kids
- Bird crafts for kids
- Reptile crafts for kids
- Ocean animal crafts
- 3D paper crafts for kids