Ready for some reptilian fun? Here are 20 reptile crafts for kids, from snakes to crocodiles and geckos to turtles – reptiles are some of the most interesting creatures on earth!
You might also like these Dinosaur crafts for kids
Secretly I love snakes. Why? because they sit around sunbaking all day long, which is something I’d like to do myself if I had the time. They’re also very misunderstood. Although Australia has 100 species of venomous snakes, on average there are only 2 snake deaths nationwide per year. Most snakes are extremely shy and feel more afraid of us than we do of them (unless you’re one of those people who feel really, really scared!).
Of course, that doesn’t mean they don’t deserve our respect. I’m pretty happy to admire these guys from a distance, thank you.
But, snakes aren’t the only reptile. Today we’re sharing 20 different reptile crafts from our own archives as well as bloggers around the world.
Lets get started…
20 Reptile crafts for kids
- Make a realistic paper chain snake using our printable template. There is a Jungle Carpet Python, a Green Tree Python, and a blank template so kids can create their own snake pattern
- These beaded pipe cleaner snakes by Artsy Craftsy Mom look like a fun and easy way to practice fine motor skills
- Swoodson Says shows us how to upcycle old T-shirts into snuggle snakes
- Here’s a simple paper plate spiral snake, perfect for pre-schoolers! by Mombrite
- These finger knit snakes are easier to make than they look, and make the perfect reptilian pet
- Learn all about Anacondas with this preschool Anaconda theme by Artsy Momma
- Make a patterned snake rock puzzle like this one by I Heart Crafty Things
- Make an eco-friendly leaf snake, by Mother Natured
Crocodile and Alligator crafts
- How cute is this handprint art crocodile? by Fun Handprint Blog
- Make a snapping Alligator hand puppet, by I Heart Crafty Things
- Check out this cute crocodile rock puzzle, by The Inspiration Edit
- Make a camouflaging chameleon craft – so clever! by Still Playing School
- I love this paper plate colour-changing chameleon by Laughing Kids Learn
- Create a bubble wrap printed chameleon like this cutie by Barley and Birch
- This pretend play paper lizard habitat is amazing! By Barley and Birch
- Make a pom-pom gecko using a wooden spoon for the body
- These frilled-neck lizards are so easy to make from paper rolls
Turtle and tortoise crafts
- Upcycle fruit snack tubs into tortoises using our free printable template
- Create a quilled paper turtle like this one from Twitchetts
- Love this cute seashell turtle by Easy Peasy & Fun
Learn more about reptiles
You might also like
- Here are 30 frog crafts and activities for kids
- Make one of 14 paper plate ocean animals using this set of templates – fun facts included
- We also have a set of dinosaur paper plate templates based on real species
- Try one of 27 Nature art activities to get kids outdoors using their imaginations
- You can’t go past upcycled DIY toys – here are 50 ideas to get you started!