Want to make a printable shark paper bracelet?
This is a super easy paper craft for kids of all ages, and it gives you an opportunity to talk and learn about sharks too.
You might also like our paper plate ocean animals collection
Sharks are fearsome predators that strike fear into the hearts of many. But they are also one of the most misunderstood creatures on earth, thanks to movies like Jaws and the way the media latches onto shark attacks. Here are a few interesting shark facts that you can talk about while making a cool paper bracelet…
Fascinating shark facts for kids
- On average sharks kill less than 10 people worldwide per year – you’re actually far more likely to die from a bee sting or a lightning strike
- Sharks have been on earth for at least 420 million years. In contrast, humans have been around for an estimated 200,000 years
- Sharks have several rows of teeth and can have up to 3000 teeth in their mouth at one time. If one tooth falls out, another moves forward to replace it
- Sharks are considered apex predators, meaning they are at the top of the food chain. Interestingly, there have been some Orcas known to hunt notorious Great White sharks
- Sharks have no bones at all, their skeleton is made of cartilage
- Sharks have a sixth sense, known as electroreceptors. This helps them to detect prey even when it’s hiding or camouflaged
Learn more about sharks
How to make a shark paper bracelet
You will need:
- Colouring pencils, felt tip pens or crayons
- This free printable shark bracelet
Print out the free template, then cut out and colour in the design.
Glue to fit on the wrist.
That’s all there is to it!
More ocean animal crafts for kids
- Sew a jellyfish softie using our free printable template – there are three sizes plus a deadly box jellyfish template to choose from
- Make a paper seahorse puppet – printable pattern included
- Make a light-up coral reef in an egg carton, with free printable tropical fish
- This paper roll fish is so fun and easy for kids of all ages!
- Here are over 30 ocean animal crafts and activities kids will love