Create a snowman scene with finger print snow dotted all around using our latest Winter printable idea.
This is a fun and easy art activity and is a great way to practice fine motor skills. It would be suitable for preschool, kindergarten, year one and year 2.
You might also like our 3D polar bear portrait
This easy Winter craft for kids is based on a template I created for my own girls back when they were in pre-school, only I’ve modified it since then by adding a piece snowy ground to the cutting and gluing stage.
It involves basic colouring, cutting, glueing and then getting a bit messy by making some some finger print snow.
My girls loved the finger painting part, which adds a sensory element to the activity. This was really good for my eldest who usually hates getting her hands wet or dirty but once she initially got them wet she had a lot of fun with it. My younger daughter (age 3 at the time she made the craft) turned her fingerprint snow into a snow storm! She also needed help with the cutting out because she was too little to do it herself.
How to make a Snowman winter scene
You will need:
- The template printed onto ordinary
white paper (you can also get the template from our TPT store)
- Construction paper in a Winter colour
(e.g. any shade of blue)
- Markers, pencils or crayons
- White paint
- Glue stick
- Print the template onto plain white paper
- Colour in the scarf, hat, gloves and nose
- Cut out the separate shapes of the snowman and ground
- Glue the shapes onto construction paper background
- Dip finger in white paint and dot snow all around the sky
The finished snowman artworks look great hanging on the wall in your home or classroom.
More winter craft ideas for kids:
- Make a pop-out 3D polar bear portrait to hang on the wall
- These paper penguins are super easy to cut out and glue together
- Kids will love making this cool cereal box ice skating theatre
- Make some easy snow-capped trees from paper
Check out our Winter Printables Collection