Make Valentines Day special for kids with this selection of easy Valentines crafts and printables.
You might also like these Spring crafts and activities
February 14th—Valentine’s Day—is the one day of the year dedicated to love and friendship. That makes it pretty special!
We get to unashamedly go crazy with all things pink, sweet, and heart-shaped. It’s part of the Valentines Day charm.
It’s not just for adults! Kids can participate in Valentines Day by making and giving cards and gifts to the people they care about. It can be their BFF, grandparents, a family member, or their classmates and friends at school.
This selection of cute and easy valentines day crafts can be made at home or in the classroom. We’ve got DIY cards, valentine’s day gifts, paper crafts, DIY toys, simple class Valentine ideas and more.
There are projects perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners all the way up to tweens and teens—even the young-at-heart. So get out your scissors, ribbon, construction paper, yarn, and glue and let’s get crafting!
Valentines crafts and printables for kids
- These valentines puzzle cards make perfect class gifts. Print to cardstock, punch a hole in the top and tie a heart-shaped lollipop or pen to make them extra sweet (but they’re also cute as is!). The template is free
- Make a set of love monster finger puppets just for fun! The template comes in full colour and colour-your-own
- Or upcycle paper rolls into love critter stick puppets.
- Book lovers will adore these hand-sewn sweetheart bookmarks. Make them for yourself or a friend or loved one.
- This set of printable valentines day cards contain friendship-based messages. They could be given to classmates with a small set of crayons so they can colour their own cards. Or you could colour them yourself before you give them. They come in both postcard and traditional folding card style
- Paper heart people want nothing more than to spread the love! Know anyone who’s NOT getting anything special this Valentines Day? Cheer them up with a paper heart person.
- We used kids marble painting process art as the base for our marbled heart valentines cards. You could use the template for any process art idea though (and it’s free to download)
- What’s sweeter than a hand-sewn heart? A hand-sewn heart in a matchbox! So fun.
- Make strawberry-scented heart-shaped soaps. Another fun DIY valentines gift idea
- This textured heart necklace is upcycled jewelry made from cardboard and hot glue!
- Need a quick, last-minute craft idea? This stamped rose card is super easy to create using a rolled up sponge. You could also use this idea to create rose canvas art
- My daughter loved making these pretty paper towel roses
- This paper heart spinner is a fun decoration kids can make
- This hand-sewn heart softie is made from upcycled fabric art—ingenious! By Oh Creative Day for The Craft Train
- Use our free shape template to make these super-tweet paper roll love birds from recyclables
- Pebble love bugs make the cutest DIY gifts or Valentine’s keepsakes
- Paper roll love bugs are lots of fun for preschoolers and kindergarteners!
- Here’s a fun 3D paper mouse that incorporates lots of heart shapes
- Use this Bee Mine printable wrapper to create super easy DIY treats for friends and classmates. They’d be a fun addition to a valentine’s day party too
- Use our mix-and-match dog card template to create lots of different dog cards (perfect for your best friends!)
- These cute flower cards were designed with Mother’s Day in mind, but they’d make lovely Valentines too
- Print out a super sweet set of mini stationery with matching envelopes. Give your mini Valentines to friends (or maybe to the fairies!)
- Upcycle corks onto a fun set of cork love birds, So cute! By Jumble Tree for The Craft Train
- Here’s a template for adorable penguin cards—all occasion, but they’d make great Valentines!
Are you all set to give your kiddos a fun and creative Valentine’s Day? I hope so.
You might also like
- Winter paper craft printables for kids
- Here are over 50 DIY toys you can make from recyclables or simple materials you already have at home
- Check out these easy Earth Day crafts and activities for kids