Make some simple Winter trees using paper cones with our printable template.
This is a quick and easy idea for Christmas decorating to put on the mantelpiece and would also be fun to include in a Winter small world for imaginary play.
Where we live it’s mid-summer right now, but at this time of year images of Winter trees are everywhere. Most homes have Christmas trees, often with fake snow and every kid dreams of an actual, real White Christmas.
Not gonna happen in Sydney, Australia!
Well here is one way to make it happen, and my girls had lots of fun setting up small worlds with these easy Winter trees.
We’ve gone for the traditional colours of green and white, but you could make them any colour to suit your Christmas decorating theme (pink and gold maybe?). Here’s how to make them…
How to make snow-capped Winter trees
You will need
• Construction paper in green and white (or your choice of colours)
• Glue sticks
• This printable template, available from our Printables store
Print the template out directly onto the construction paper you are using. In your printable template you will find a page with large tree, a page with two smaller trees and a page with “snow caps”. The snow caps should be printed on white paper and the trees on green.
Cut the shapes out.
Bend into cone shapes and glue together with your glue stick.
Slip the smaller white cones on top of the larger green ones and, ta-da, you have trees!
This craft also appears in our Christmas paper crafts ebook, check out the whole collection here.
More Christmas paper craft ideas:
• Make some sweet mini paper angel ornaments
• Roll the Christmas dice with this fun printable noise and action game
• Here are some free printable Christmas shapes to make cardboard decorations
• Make some striking silhouette handprint artwork in a reindeer, angel or peace dove design
• These printable paper reindeer are so cute and colourful!