Make some cute woodland animal paper baskets with our latest set of printable templates. There is a brown bear, a hedgehog, a fox and a raccoon to print and create.
I have a thing for paper treat baskets. We have them for almost every season now – there are the Christmas baskets, the turkey basket, the Easter baskets, the paper pumpkin basket for Halloween and now I’ve created a set of super cute woodland animal baskets to go with our Fall paper animal play set. Aren’t they sweet?
This is a fun and easy paper craft idea for all ages. You could fill the baskets with treats and hand out as small gifts, use them as party favours or just make them for a fun activity in Autumn or Fall.
In the picture I’ve filled these with sugary sweets, but in real life I put a small container of playdough in each of them and gave them as little gifts to my young nieces.
The printable templates come in both full colour and black and white line art so you can colour your own.
When making the baskets, card stock is recommended for sturdiness and strength. You can still make them from paper though, they will just be a bit more flimsy. Here’s how…
How to make woodland animal paper baskets
You will need:
- The template printed onto card stock
- Glue stick
- Scoring tool or blunt butter knife
- Pencils or felt tip markers if making the color-your-own version
- Score the fold lines
- Cut out the shapes
- Fold all of the fold lines, including the neck tab. Glue the basket body together
- Glue the head onto the neck tab, and the tail onto the back of the basket
- Glue the handle on
They also look cute from the back with their little tails (or spikes, in the case of the hedgehog).
These are little baskets and only hold a small number of treats – but maybe that’s a good thing!
More woodland animal-themed crafts
- Make a woodland animal paper playset using our printable template
- Print and colour a woodland animal paper hat – there is a fox and a hedgehog to choose from
- Make a fox from a paper roll – free printable template included
- These pom pom hedgehogs are just too cute! Make a whole rainbow of them in bright colours