Isn’t this woodland animal paper wreath sweet? This is an easy papercraft for all ages you can make at home to decorate for Christmas, Autumn or Fall. Free printable template included.
You might also like our paper flower wreath
I love simple papercrafts where all you need are the basics. Sometimes you don’t need to get fancy with expensive crafting materials to make something beautiful.
This woodland animal wreath has three different animals you can choose from to include in the centre. A fox, a squirrel and a bunny (I haven’t included a picture of the bunny version but the shape is there).
Lets get started…
How to make a woodland animal paper wreath
You will need
- Coloured construction paper
- White cardstock for the base
- Lead pencil
- Black gel pen or sharpie
- This woodland animal wreath template
Trace the wreath base on a cardstock paper or cardboard and trace the leaves on green construction paper. Cut out the traced wreath base and leaves.
Take each leaf cutout and fold them into half lengthwise to create a crease line.
Take the leaves and glue them on the paper wreath base however you want. I’m putting the leaves on one side.
Trace an animal pattern onto craft paper and cut it out. This example is the fox, but choose from others on the template.
Stick the animal pattern cutouts together.
Use a sharpie or gel pen to draw the face details of the paper animal. Also, cut out the other patterns (mushroom and tree) and join the parts to complete each item.
Stick the mushroom and tree on the back of the wreath base.
Glue the animal into place. Arrange them how you like and have fun!
This wreath would look sweet on the wall in a child’s bedroom, isn’t it cute?
More woodland animal crafts for kids
- Make a woodland animal paper playset with our printable template
- Here are a cute set of woodland animal treat baskets – fill with sweets and give them to somebody you love for Christmas
- This printable fox bookmark is perfect for bookworms! There are two different foxes to choose from
- Make a fox from a paper roll
- Upcycle some plastic bottles into woodland animal planters
So sweet, thank you for this great idea!
Thanks so much