Do you enjoy yarn crafts as much as I do? If so then you’ll love this collection of fun and easy yarn crafts for kids!
You might also like our Printable Paper Craft collection
I’ve always had a funny thing for yarn. Even though I can’t knit or crochet I hoard it like crazy. I love the different colours and textures you can buy it in, plus it’s easy to store, not very messy and oh-so-versatile.
Today we’re sharing some of our favourite yarn crafts, from finger knitting to weaving to DIY pom poms. Lets get started…
15+ Easy yarn crafts for kids
Finger knitting is one of my girls’ all time favourites, check out:
You can’t beat DIY pom poms for a quick and easy weekend craft!
- Here’s the easiest DIY pom pom maker EVER!
- Make a friendly, fuzzy pom pom spider
- Use the pom pom trimmings to make these adorable fluffy pet rocks
Make some adorable pom pom animals using our free prinatble templates…
You can use yarn to make the cutest handmade dolls:
- Try these traditional braided yarn dolls
- Yarn-wrapped paper roll bunnies are SO adorable
- Yarn has been used for the clothes on these sweet mini craft stick fairies
- I love the fuzzy yarn hair and skirts on these pom pom and pipe cleaner dolls
Here are some fun yarn weaving ideas:
- Traditional god’s Eye weaving is always a favourite
- The more adventurous can take it up a notch to create god’s eye woven stars
- The god’s eye weave was also the inspiration behind these easy woven butterflies
Yarn crafts are always fun on holidays too, here are some Halloween ideas:
- These fluffy yarn monsters are made from pom pom trimmings
- Create cute and spooky yarn ghosts
- Spider web frames make a great Halloween photo keepsake
And for the Christmas tree try:
More traditional crafts for kids:
- Here are some Easy sewing crafts for kids
- How to make traditional clay coil pots
- Create traditional mosaic art with kids
- Here are 3 easy tie dye techniques kids can make