Do you enjoy yarn crafts as much as I do? If so then you’ll love this collection of fun and easy yarn crafts for kids!
You might also like our Printable Paper Craft collection
I’ve always had a funny thing for yarn. Even though I can’t knit or crochet I hoard it like crazy. I love the different colours and textures you can buy it in, plus it’s easy to store, not very messy and oh-so-versatile.
Today we’re sharing some of our favourite yarn crafts, from finger knitting to weaving to DIY pom poms. Lets get started…
15+ Easy yarn crafts for kids
Finger knitting is one of my girls’ all time favourites, check out:
You can’t beat DIY pom poms for a quick and easy weekend craft!
- Here’s the easiest DIY pom pom maker EVER!
- Make a friendly, fuzzy pom pom spider
- Use the pom pom trimmings to make these adorable fluffy pet rocks
You can use yarn to make the cutest handmade dolls:
- Try these traditional braided yarn dolls
- Yarn-wrapped paper roll bunnies are SO adorable
- Yarn has been used for the clothes on these sweet mini craft stick fairies
- I love the fuzzy yarn hair and skirts on these pom pom and pipe cleaner dolls
Here are some fun yarn weaving ideas:
- Traditional god’s Eye weaving is always a favourite
- The more adventurous can take it up a notch to create god’s eye woven stars
- The god’s eye weave was also the inspiration behind these easy woven butterflies
Yarn crafts are always fun on holidays too, here are some Halloween ideas:
- These fluffy yarn monsters are made from pom pom trimmings
- Create cute and spooky yarn ghosts
- Spider web frames make a great Halloween photo keepsake
And for the Christmas tree try:
More traditional crafts for kids:
- Here are some Easy sewing crafts for kids
- How to make traditional clay coil pots
- Create traditional mosaic art with kids
- Here are 3 easy tie dye techniques kids can make