This finger kit bookmark craft is easy enough for all ages – kids and adults included. The finished bookmarks make a cute handmade gift idea and go perfectly with a book!
You might also like our finger knitted snake
Are you a page folder or a bookmark person? I confess I’m usually a page folder, but we are a family of bookworms and I don’t really like damaging good books. It just that bookmarks seem to go missing as easily as socks in our house.
Well, luckily we made so many finger knit bookmarks that there’s enough to have one always in easy reach for everyone in the family AND we’ll have some leftover to give as gifts.
Finger knitting is fun and easy for all ages, and it can be quite calming and relaxing too. It’s also nice when you can use the finished length of knitting for something practical.
How to make a finger knit bookmark craft
You will need
- our printable bookmark shape templates (or you can design your own shape)
- needle and needle threader
- embroidery thread
- bead or button
- Finger knit a length of yarn. We have a detailed finger knitting instruction tutorial here. The finished size should be a bit longer than an average sized book, but it doesn’t really matter exactly how long you make it. You can see mine all ended up slightly different lengths.
- To finish your length of finger knitting, pull the thread through the last two loops you made.
- Choose the shape you wish to create from the template, and cut roughly around it. Then pin it to a piece of felt and cut the shape out of felt.
- Use embroidery thread to sew the bead or button onto the felt, then tie it onto the bookmark.
- Trim any loose long ends.
They’ll come is super useful at our house! It’s always lovely to give bookmarks as little extra gifts, they are light enough to post too.
More finger knitting ideas
- Make a finger knit friendship necklace
- This finger knit snake is so cute!
- Here is a step-by-step tutorial on finger knitting
- Maggy from Red Ted Art is the finger knitting queen – check out these cute finger knitted bunnies she made
Leave a Reply