Make an adorable Easter bunny craft from a paper roll. These little guys are simple to cut out using our free template, then all they need is a little paint and decorations.
You might also like our printable Easter bunny baskets
You can never have too many Easter bunnies floating around the house, right?
Well, maybe you can, but these ones are extra easy to make with a simple squash and cut technique that we’ve used for lots of our paper roll creations.
I love the soft pastel colours of Easter so I decided to paint our bunnies in pastel purple, yellow and pink. Of course, the sky is the limit and you can paint them any colour you like!
I especially love their cute pom pom tails!
This Easter bunny craft is fun for all ages. Little kids will need you to cut out the shape for them, then they can paint and decorate it. Bigger kids will be able to do the squashing, tracing and cutting themselves.
Want to make one? Here’s how:
How to make a paper roll Easter bunny
You will need:
- One paper towel roll per bunny
- Acrylic paint
- Pom poms in various colours and sizes
- A scrap of white felt (or use paper)
- Tacky craft glue (or PVA/school glue if you have no tacky glue)
- Googly eyes
- This paper roll bunny template
- Print out the template, then cut out the shape.
- Flatten your paper roll lengthways.
- Trace the bunny shape onto the flattened roll and cut it out.
- Pop the roll back into a rounded shape.
- Paint the bunny in your chosen colour and allow to dry.
- Glue two pom poms on for cheeks with a mini pom pom nose on top.
- Glue the eyes above the cheeks.
- Glue on the pom pom tail.
- Cut out a small round tummy shape and two long oval shapes for the ears from the felt and glue them on.
They’re off to go and deliver some eggs!
More easter craft ideas:
- This paper bunny portrait has a cool 3D effect
- Kids will love these printable bunny baskets
- Here is a more realistic-looking paper roll bunny
- Or make an Easter Bunny pom pom popper
- Here are over 20 fun, free Easter printables to keep kids busy