Create a gorgeous paper tulip craft using our printable template.
This is a fun Spring craft idea and the finished woven paper basket of tulips looks great hanging on the wall. Paper weaving is great practice for fine motor skills too.
Who doesn’t love tulips? They’re so colourful and bright.
This paper tulip craft is suitable for ages 6 and up (approx., depending on the level and ability of the child) and gives kids fantastic opportunity to practice fine motor skills with easy cutting, gluing and paper weaving.
I’ve designed the template to suit both those crafting with kids at home, and those crafting with a group of kids. The at home template has all elements on one page. The classroom set has multiples of each shape on a page so you can print them directly to coloured construction paper.
How to create a paper tulip craft
You will need:
- Construction paper in assorted colours
- Glue stick
- Stapler if using the at home set
- The printable template, available in both our printables store and our TPT store
- Print the template out.
For the at home template: print onto white paper and staple the white pieces over the top of coloured construction paper before cutting them out. For the tulips, cut out one shape and then trace around it onto coloured paper to create 7 tulips.
For the classroom set: print pages directly to coloured paper
- Cut out all the shapes and fringe the basket base by cutting along the black dotted lines
- Weave the three strips horizontally through the oblong basket base by threading it over and under the fringed strips
- Glue the basket base to a coloured background of your choice
- Arrange the tulips and leaves above the basket base, then once you’re happy with the arrangement, glue them down. I’ve chosen to glue three tulips to the top row with four along the bottom row overlapping the top row, but this is flexible.
We think they turned out so pretty!
More Spring printables for kids
- Make symmetrical butterfly squish art using this free template
- Kids love making this bouncy frog on a lilypad
- Create a paper daffodil using this free template
- Use clothes pegs and our printable wings to make cute peg bees and dragonflies
- We’ve packaged a selection of our popular Spring printable animal crafts together into one great value bundle
Gwenda L Strachan says
FYI…The egg carton craft comes up as the tulip craft.
Where was the link you clicked to get here? (so I can fix it)