Here are some egg carton monsters kids will love!
This is a fun kids craft idea perfect for Halloween. It’s also a recycling craft so you get to use up your trash at the same time – win-win!
You might also like our easy peg monsters
Do you love egg carton crafts? I do because there is something about repurposing rubbish that makes me happy, especially if the end product is a cute little monster.
I call this craft a ‘treat holder’ but in saying that the treats they hold are very tiny (which is a plus for us parents, am I right?).
We made a few of them and then I hid a small treat in each one and hid them around the garden so that the girls could have a fun monster treasure hunt, which they loved! They also make fun Halloween decorations.
How to make egg carton monsters
You will need:
• An egg carton (each 12-pack egg carton will make 6 monsters)
• Acrylic paint
• PVA (school) glue
• Googly eyes
• Paint brush
• Sweets to place inside (use wrapped sweets or wrap your own)
- Cut the egg carton cups into individual pieces (kids will need some help with this part). You might like to include some teeth, or keep it flat and add a tongue from the flat part of the egg carton. Snip off some pointy bits to use as horns – the sky is the limit, design them however you like.’
- Paint them inside and out and allow to dry
- Glue on horns, googly eyes and anything else you’ve made
- Place sweets inside
Our egg carton monsters are friendly and only eat sweets, not people! Don’t you think they are cute?
More fun Halloween ideas:
• Make a cute egg carton spider puppet on a string
• These halloween suncatchers look so colourful!
• Make a paper pumpkin basket using our free printable template
• Our egg carton black cat costume looks so cute on Miss K!